Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Look on the bright side. As things get worse, the panic buying, the lack of a social life, never mind the thought of actually contracting coronavirus itself.... we’ll still have each other and our witty cheery P&B banter to keep our spirits flying high and our danders well and truly up.... hold on. Fcuking Div has rationed the use of the Kenneth Williams gif.

anybody know when the Banter Years will restart?  Missing it dreadfully.

2 minutes ago, Mr Pikey said:

anybody know when the Banter Years will restart?  Missing it dreadfully.

The banter years never end. Awaiting a statement demanding that the rest of the games are played as they're too skint.

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

I'm actually off on holiday right now, going in to work this afternoon to help out though as we are getting hammered, unlike that person I won't be getting paid ot for it, I am doing it because I want to help. You have zero knowledge of who I am & what I am like as a person so please keep your inverse snobbery & irrational hatred to yourself.

So when people are being told to stay at home, work from home when they can etc, you've decided to go into work whilst you're actually on holiday? Smart.

Guest Moomintroll
Volunteering to give free additional labour to an unfeeling multinational corporate giant is OFTW behaviour. Rest assured that they will not give a jot about what you think is a noble sacrifice, so either claim overtime or let them hire extra staff to deal with demand instead.
Im salaried, I'm not doing it for them, I'm doing it to help my team. Real world time, we ain't getting any more staff.

Can anyone explain how certain sports "stars" such as high profile footballers and so called "celebrities" are managing to be tested while not being either "at risk" or  hospitalised, however key workers such as front line NHS staff aren't ??

Guest Moomintroll
You work in retail, not the emergency services, simmer down.
I actually do have knowledge of who you are, considering you regularly endorse cretinous opinions like the one I quoted.
Thinking that someone should be forced to work compulsory overtime on minimum wage, in a customer facing role, during a pandemic without being entitled to moan is cretinous behaviour. 

It’s not inverse snobbery to hate Tories, what a ridiculous concept. 
What a bellend. 
They are picking in a massive warehouse, that is not Customer facing.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Can anyone explain how certain sports "stars" such as high profile footballers and so called "celebrities" are managing to be tested while not being either "at risk" or  hospitalised, however key workers such as front line NHS staff aren't ??

Because celebrities aren't performing surgeries on sick people?

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, virginton said:
Volunteering to give free additional labour to an unfeeling multinational corporate giant is OFTW behaviour. Rest assured that they will not give a jot about what you think is a noble sacrifice, so either claim overtime or let them hire extra staff to deal with demand instead.

Im salaried, I'm not doing it for them, I'm doing it to help my team. Real world time, we ain't getting any more staff.

Will you get your holidays returned to you?

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You can pay £375 to get tested, apparently. 

This, 100%. I know from bitter experience that when it comes down to it in large multi nationals past performance/commitment means less than f**k all. You are a number, nothing more.

Guest Moomintroll
So when people are being told to stay at home, work from home when they can etc, you've decided to go into work whilst you're actually on holiday? Smart.
I know but they need the help, you can't really fill a shelf sitting on the couch & people are getting threatened on a daily basis due to our rationing policy so as their Manager I can't just sit here and do nothing.

That's my store supervisor been told to self isolate because his brothers fiance got sent home from work with persistent cough and fever.  They all share a flat together. 

There's just the two of us that work in the shop. Fairly wee place as well so if he's caught it, I've got it too. 

Pray for me lads. 

Edited by ArabianKnight