Coronavirus (COVID-19)

We had about a third of our pupils off yesterday and teachers started to also stay off.

We also received an email yesterday evening from the authority confirming that anyone working for the council who is in the vulnerable group shouldn’t be in work, which is the first time they have explicitly said that (before it just sounded like guidance). I’d imagine today might tip the balance in terms of some schools being viable.

It’s making people feel guilty though, I’m in the vulnerable group for my asthma but on one hand I don’t want to let my colleagues down or let the pupils down, on the other hand it’s an unprecedented event and I have a family to think about (although when I put it like that there isn’t really competition for what I should do).

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Seriously? People really thought these companies were decent?

Both have been in financial trouble for years. A quick scoot through their financials would tell you that.

By the way, I'm not trying to tell people what to do. I'm predicting what is going to happen.

Let's see how it turns out but I have no faith whatsoever that the majority of normal people are going to sit in the front rooms for more than two weeks.

Thousands of people trusted with them with their family holidays, wtf is a good company?

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The day the earth caught fire.

It's got Michael Caine in it in a cameo and there's not a lot of people know that.

Watched it last night. Could have been ok but the worst lead actor I think I've ever seen, Edward Judd. Not surprising I'd never heard of him, here's what the director thought of him.

Judd's success in The Day the Earth Caught Fire saw Columbia Pictures sign him to a long term contract. According to Val Guest though "he was such a pain in the ass to everybody. He had an enormous opinion of himself and he was his own worst enemy. Columbia just loaned him out here and there and then let him go."

Michael Caine was the best thing in it apart from the tottie.

Guest Moomintroll

[mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention] likes this to the surprise of absolutely nobody. 

Tories with a nice demeanour are the worst of the worst. At least go external c**t to match your abhorrent opinions. 

I'm actually off on holiday right now, going in to work this afternoon to help out though as we are getting hammered, unlike that person I won't be getting paid ot for it, I am doing it because I want to help. You have zero knowledge of who I am & what I am like as a person so please keep your inverse snobbery & irrational hatred to yourself.

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Hadn’t looked at my bet365 app for a few days. Wondered what football was on it... turns out to be just like the Scottish Premiership, there’s a Rangers International FC.

FCAB7931-A22C-4D28-AE28-A97495068CE1.jpeg

Oh Poz!   You of all people.  I posted about them 8 years ago on a certain thread. Is your memory slipping?  :)

ETA   well, I think I did...

Edited by cyderspaceman

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Watched it last night. Could have been ok but the worst lead actor I think I've ever seen, Edward Judd. Not surprising I'd never heard of him, here's what the director thought of him.

Michael Caine was the best thing in it apart from the tottie.

Also perhaps the worst acting performance of all time from the Daily Express editor IRL at the time who played..errmm...the Daily Express editor.

I think it was part of the deal they cut for being able to film at the actual newspaper. He'd never acted before, and managed to do that thing where he wasn't even able to play himself convincingly - think the kind of delivery Richard Ayoade employed in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It certainly was. 292 pages of utter shite preceded it TBF.

A lot of you have suddenly become experts in the spread of novel viruses.

What do you base that comment on? I see people sharing information, experiences and , of course, opinions and advice based on received knowledge..

Nobody's claiming to be an 'expert'.   

Anyway, I've read Express, Mail and Faceboook comments.  We've all had enough of experts. I'm having my next surgery done by my postman.

Creiff Road Tesco has been emptied in under 2 hours in Perth.

Opened at 6 restocked and it's been posted on FB that all the toilet roll/hand sanitizer/bread/pasta etc., is completely sold out again.

Unreal.

Edited by RandomGuy.

How much fucking pasta are people eating? It'll be really easy to spot who was panic buying all this stuff when the isolation phase is over.

Expect to see some hefty timber on all the brain donor fucktards, hunkered down at home for the next 6 weeks doing nothing but lying on the couch eating hugely carb-laden foods. Hope they run out of their oversized bog roll stockpile with the shits, selfish c***s. 

Edited by GiGi

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

How much fucking pasta are people eating? It'll be really easy to spot who was panic buying all this stuff when the isolation phase is over.

Expect to see some hefty timber on all the brain donor fucktards, hunkered down at home for the next 6 weeks doing nothing but lying on the couch eating hugely carb-laden foods. Hope they run out of their oversized bog roll stockpile with the shits, selfish c***s. 

It's crazy. I might head down early tomorrow just to see if people are actually queuing to get in.

11 hours ago, NotThePars said:

What’s your dystopian/ pandemic movie of choice? I’m thinking Children of Men

Not a movie but watching Survivors on YouTube will be a pretty depressing watch in the current climate.

Guest Moomintroll
It's crazy. I might head down early tomorrow just to see if people are actually queuing to get in.
We have had people waiting on our carpark for 2 hours because we get a trunker around midday, they are grabbing at the pallets as soon as you bring them on the shop floor, makes replen easy but the hysteria is beyond parody.

The wee old dear who does the cleaning at my work fucking loves a bit of weather-related small talk. If there’s been a silver lining to this pandemic, it’s given her something different to talk about, in what I imagine to be around 47 years.

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Don't be surprised if these people are only back for more to add to their stockpile or to make money selling the items on online marketplaces.

I'm sure you will recognise some are the same faces each time.

As long as supply lines generally keep up the hoarders will be fucked. Will I pay some no mark eBay predator a ridiculous price plus delivery which may take a couple of days, or will I just try a few different shops or wait until the morning when the shops have more stuff in?

Will have no sympathy for the few of the greedy p***ks that end up with financial problems as their 'hustle' collapses on its arse.