Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

If they want to do that they need to shut stuff down.

Some people will still go out and about because the places are open and no bans have been put in place.

I ceasing don't blame them, and anyone doing so needs to have a word with themselves.

100%

Once again this is a case of the Gov telling us to avoid social contact etc but not willing to make a concrete decision on an official lockdown and closure of non essential businesses. As such, employees carrying out said non essential work have no option but to continue to attend their work or face disciplinary action despite anything that's being reported to the contrary.

Is it safe enough and an acceptable risk to continue to commute to a City Centre destination and work in close proximity to hundreds and even thousands of other people in an open plan office ?

If the answer to the above is Yes, then I fail to see why Pubs or Restaurants remaining open and indeed people frequenting them should be deemed "unacceptable".

The point I'm trying to make is that we really need some concrete directives as opposed to the continuous contradictions and conflicting information which is being released daily by our Government.

However, we all know their motivations and where their loyalties lie, so I'm certainly not holding my breath.

‘Children of Men’ is bleak as fcuk at the best of times, couldn’t imagine watching it in the event of an enforced lockdown. Might go for ‘Passengers’. Two people stuck together with no hope of escape. One gets angry because the other one woke them up. Nothing to do, but drink alcohol every night, accompanied by robotic chit-chat.... but enough about me & Mrs Poz self-isolating, back to ‘Passengers’...

As bad as this situation is, blaming the government or any other political party is pointless and naive.

They are making f**k all up as they go along, and in reality not making any of their own decisions, which is why the snp and other parties are on board with the way it's being handled.  The plan for dealing with a flu type pandemic has been in place for years and they are simply following that, and being guided by the stats and projections from scientists and health professionals as the situation unfolds.

Whether it turns out to be the best course of action who knows?  It's a new virus, the characteristics of which we have very little idea about.  But folk on Facebook ranting about the strategy and lack of info or forwarding the latest makey uppy stuff about how gargling your own pish gives you immunity or something, yet they can't even be arsed looking up the plan/ the latest guidance or info is incredible.

https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Its now take away or take away in McDonalds as they close off seating areas to combat the coronavirus.

Poor guys. Those germ harbouring self service touch screens (that were designed to cut staff numbers) now no use and turnover will be down (I guess) 60% or so. 

#thinkofthefranchisees

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

What’s your dystopian/ pandemic movie of choice? I’m thinking Children of Men

The day the earth caught fire.

It's got Michael Caine in it in a cameo and there's not a lot of people know that.

11 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

I quite liked Passengers - thought it could have been a great film had it not decided halfway through to stop being a drama and start being a thriller.

I really like it. Agree it isn’t perfect, but at the crux of it, if he hadn’t taken the decision to wake her up, she, and everyone on board, would have died, as it took two people to fix the problems crippling the ship. One of those movies I have watched multiple times, and still enjoy it. Fluff, but well made fluff with enough about it to make you ponder his actions, and what you would have done in his shoes. Anywayyy.... if we do suffer an imposed lockdown, I might start watching the entire box set of ‘Lost’ again, to see if I still think it was utter shite after the first series. If anyone is looking for a good series to watch in case of a lockdown, and hasn’t seen this one yet - can highly recommend ‘The Newsroom’ with Jeff Bridges.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't think a few weeks, but if in 6 weeks or so there has been no noticeable benefit I imagine this may be the case.

Isolation over an extended period is completely unsustainable

I'm in the high risk group so I'm going to be careful though there's no way I'm staying in for months. 

Hit the shops every few weeks to stock up and when I'm bored go out for a drive. 

I talked the threat down to my 19 year old Son but this looks like a potential shit storm approaching. 

I need to be sensible with my heart and breathing problems. 

If I get the virus there's a fair chance I'm fecked. 

( stop cheering folks you demean yourselfs )

Edited by sureiknow

2 hours ago, virginton said:

They were also truncheoning people in the face for breaking quarantine; while practically every old boomer over here is already stating that they’re fine, they’re fitter than everyone else and won’t self isolate when they are eventually told to do so.

We’re going to need more truncheons coffins IMO.

FTFY

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

A close member of my family is in that age bracket and is undergoing cancer treatment so you can f**k right off with that comment.

So is he going down the pub giving it large to f**k off the namby pamby millennials?

Do you mean "you" as in 3rd person?
I ask because I made no mention of drinking in pubs.
Not you, just think theres too many people close together in city pubs. Just try to be sensible. Go somewhere quiet or maybe get a carry out. Not saying live like a monk just be considerate. NHS workers have to treat people without protection. Is it worth it?