Coronavirus (COVID-19)

How many SKUs do you guys carry in those Departments? Was in my local ASDa recently & I would be amazed if they had less than 3500 oos between their Ambient & DDB departments.
Ha lots. We are closing our 24hr shop over night to attempt to try fill the shop ( with nothing )

25 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The elderly are just not getting it all, told my geriatric mother that she might have to stay in the house (she couldn't figure out how this could be enforced),  then just laughed and said she'd had the Asian flu when she was small, and that she was immune/not giving a f**k.

Hide her teeth.

Went out to the supermarket this afternoon. When you went in you had to be covering your nose and mouth, and there were plastic gloves to take so you don't touch anything. SNever seen anything like it.

Of course, nothing was sold out because Czechs aren't all panic-buying c***s

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

It's a terrible question. 

Check out workers can't screen people for the size of their household. And the issue isn't the very few big buyers it's everyone buying a wee bit more.

Whit? Tell me, how many shop workers were screening the size of folks cupboards when Irn Bru brought out their sugary 1901 drink? None. Yet they still put limits on how many you could buy in certain shops because they knew their supply was limited. 

It was business as usual round my bit. Walked along Portobello High Street at 9 am this morning.
Half a dozen folk in the bookies and around 8 auld yins in the Portobello Bar.

Did you win your bet and how was your half and half?

Why are we predicting on producing a vaccine (Conservative estimate admittedly) within the next 18 months? We've had 100 years to find one for the common cold (Linked to the family of corona viruses) and not came anywhere near it. 

Granted - this requires a much more world concentrated effort but it makes the time scale given look extraordinary.

I’m enjoying my my last pints of Vitamin T until the shutdown happens.

I can confirm that Stornoway Tesco has not escaped panic buying. Scenes when the there’s no food left and the ferries are all cancelled. The locals will have to return to the ways of eating mutton and sea birds.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

I see all care homes in Scotland are now under lock down with only essential visits allowed until further notice, I was unaware of this.

Been like this since last week, at least for some.

My (last remaining) grandparent couldn't come to my wedding because of it.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why are we predicting on producing a vaccine (Conservative estimate admittedly) within the next 18 months? We've had 100 years to find one for the common cold (Linked to the family of corona viruses) and not came anywhere near it. 

Granted - this requires a much more world concentrated effort but it makes the time scale given look extraordinary.

Its seemingly an incredibly complicated virus, and with it not being dangerous it's not worth their time putting major money and research into it.

It was business as usual round my bit. Walked along Portobello High Street at 9 am this morning.
Half a dozen folk in the bookies and around 8 auld yins in the Portobello Bar.

We’ve (Ladbrokes) had nothing about closing down even despite the horse racing being abandoned and every game bar one being abandoned on the coupon. It’s some dunt. We’re trying to do a bit of good and giving the old yins our shop number in case they need messages delivered but of course we’ve had one call and that’s someone wanting a line on.

I’m enjoying my my last pints of Vitamin T until the shutdown happens.

I can confirm that Stornoway Tesco has not escaped panic buying. Scenes when the there’s no food left and the ferries are all cancelled. The locals will have to return to the ways of eating mutton and sea birds.

Must admit I went for a pint earlier too. The Mallard wasn’t closed, but were fully expecting by the end of the week to be closed for a significant while. Staff there are on zero hour contracts, so no income for them if they do.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its seemingly an incredibly complicated virus, and with it not being dangerous it's not worth their time putting major money and research into it.

The amount it costs businesses every year with people being off sick made me think we'd have been working overtime to find a cure - particularly so in the States.