Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah, my mum has it too. She only got diagnosed in December and has opted against the chemo route so her immune system hasn't been destroyed but I'm having to tell her not to open herself up to any risks by leaving the house for a bit.

Good luck to your mum. Defo make her stay at home. Our immune systems are shot to pieces by the cancer firstly then battered a second time after the chemo.

My 80 year old grandpa has COPD and Chronic Leukaemia. He thinks he can still spend time at his local golf club! He's like the definition of high risk! 

25 minutes ago, charon said:

Pish.

People are panicking cos they are idiots and the media are fuelling it.

If it hadn't been reported as a 'thing' , nobody, and I mean nobody, would have noticed.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Probably correct actually

My wife reckons her work was filled with people suffering from headaches/coughs at the same time, which ended with one getting pneumonia, in December/January time.

Never thought anything sinister about it at the time.

Went to panic buy (Since that's the only reason one even ventures into a supermarket now a days) some chicken on my way home from work. Tried the 2 Asda's en-route to my house and the Morrison's round the corner to absolutely no avail.

Bit shite that. 

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Good luck to your mum. Defo make her stay at home. Our immune systems are shot to pieces by the cancer firstly then battered a second time after the chemo.

My 80 year old grandpa has COPD and Chronic Leukaemia. He thinks he can still spend time at his local golf club! He's like the definition of high risk! 

Tbf from the, limited, amount of old folk I've spoken to about it, most are under the belief it's too late for them to avoid it so theyd rather spend time doing things they enjoy and take the risk rather than sit alone at home.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf from the, limited, amount of old folk I've spoken to about it, most are under the belief it's too late for them to avoid it so theyd rather spend time doing things they enjoy and take the risk rather than sit alone at home.

So if they help spread it tough luck to others?

My mum suffers from COPD as well but still insists on going to the bingo. She’ll not listen to any of the advice to stay put.

She won £100 last night, right enough. [emoji19]

14 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

What about cocaine and hookers?

I had to drop off a set of keys today with a colleague that lives in Amsterdam's red light district, no hookers to be seen but some guy did ask if i wanted some charlie. 

Edited by stevieKTID

1 minute ago, stevieKTID said:

I had to drop off a set of keys today with a colleague that lives in Amsterdam's red light district, no hookers to be seen but some guy did ask if i wanted some charlie. 

Did you oblige?

2 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

And did you? 

Edited by alta-pete
Fk you weeper! 🤪

22 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I can actually see why the piss stained, bin dwelling, jakeball was banned several times.

Let's do it one more time.  

RIP sweet contagious cancer rumour spreadng, Tasmanian Devil loving prince x

2 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Did you oblige?

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

And did you? 

Absolutely not, been here for many years and you can tell the real dealers from the guys with crushed up paracetamol plus I've not had any chemicals for a long long time.

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out when everyone starts running out of weed.

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Yeah you as well. Honestly, It's a horrible thing and a horrible situation all around.

She knew quite a bit about Myeloma and what it entails as her dad (my own papa) took it a decade ago at 76 and lived a further 7 years without so much as a day's treatment. In the end it wasn't even that that killed him, it was something completely unrelated.

On learning of herself getting it though, she decided there and then that treatment wasn't an option she wanted to explore....she'd been told back 10 or so years ago when my papa took it that it was incurable. She has had too many people around her being (in some cases literally), crippled by the chemo and radio treatment, she said if there was even a 10% chance of being cured, shed have risked it but at her age and with no dependants, she's not going for it and would rather not live around hospital appointments and I respect that.

She's 65, is in good health and had only retired 4 weeks prior to getting her diagnosis (and we only sent her because she'd lost weight and took a couple of funny turns over the past year or so). She knows she could have 6 months, or 5 years left, you just never know with myeloma but she's determined that with no treatment she'll live on her own terms until it's up.

It's people like her and you that my heart breaks for. Worried to go over the door or see anyone in case they bring something in. I'm glad she has my dad there at least as it's going to be even harder for them in the next 3 months than the last 3 months have been. I cling to the hope that she still has a semblance of an immune system as chemo hasn't destroyed it.

Hope you and Ruggy and the kids stay safe. Thoughts are with you guys. x

33 minutes ago, charon said:

Would they? 

Doubt it. (Especially the health, lol, 'professionals' )

Not that somebody had died, but that they had the virus.

It's media driven shite.

This is the 4th of the virus since SARS.

There has been NO virus produced in all these years for any of the other 3 Corona viruses.

Keep buying bogroll and pasta.

So edgy mate.