Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

They're at a supermarket to panic buy like the rest of the wallopers out in force at the weekend: they're just seething because they got there last and got f**k all. Like the roasters fighting for the last frozen turkey and two pints of milk on Christmas Eve.

You don’t half post some pish at times.

23 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

We've dealt with far worse than this. Why is the whole world coming to a stop?

It's expected to have a similar mortality rate as SARS, which officially was around 9.6%, but unofficially was over 10%. The amount of deaths from Coronavirus already matches the amount of total, official, cases of SARS.

It's more contagious, and far more deadly, than Swine Flu, which was estimated to have infected 1.4 billion people. Again, theres a caveat that those figures just official guesses and they usually are lower than reality.

Theres a genuine (fag paper math) chance this infects almost 2 billion people worldwide (more than a quarter of the worlds population), and kills 11% of them, just over 200 million.

Suspect theyve learned from Swine Flu and this total shutdown approach is how they wouldve responded back then. 

Either that or theyve played Plauge Inc. and are just copying the AI response on there.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, boomboomyards said:

Anyone else noticed the decrease in PPI and scam phone calls.
A bit of a pleasant surprise.

The time to claim PPI passed in August. I now get phone calls about the car accident I wasn't in. I usually hand the phone to my 3 year old.

Were they driving?

Update from the Swiss Government expected at 5pm. Rumour Mill suggesting the borders being closed, all bars, restaurants, cafes etc being closed and a severely limited public transport service to be announced. Find out shortly.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's expected to have a similar mortality rate as SARS, which officially was around 9.6%, but unofficially was over 10%. The amount of deaths from Coronavirus already matches the amount of total, official, cases of SARS.

It's more contagious, and far more deadly, than Swine Flu, which was estimated to have infected 1.4 billion people. Again, theres a caveat that those figures just official guesses and they usually are lower than reality.

Theres a genuine (fag paper math) chance this infects almost 2 billion people worldwide (more than a quarter of the worlds population), and kills 11% of them, just over 200 million.

Suspect theyve learned from Swine Flu and this total shutdown approach is how they wouldve responded back then. 

Either that or theyve played Plauge Inc. and are just copying the AI response on there.

11% of 2 billion is 220,000,000? 

Edit: you fixed it 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Guest Moomintroll

I wish I was making this up, just had a Security Alert through, 2 customer cars broken into in a Store in Yorkshire. " A quantity of toilet rolls and some personal belongings stolen". The fuckers are usually nicking bags of tobacco.

12 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

It's the same as how I like a pint of Guinness. But on March 17th I can never bring myself to order a pint of Guinness because I assume the barman will think I'm the kind of p***k who drinks Guinness on March 17th. Hell is other people...

Nah, barman wid look at you and think "it's bennett or one of the other pets".

images.jpeg.3125560abea743b61eb12e5056dc96fb.jpeg

Prod, Unionist and Loyal.

Why you'd want to drink it at all........

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Update from the Swiss Government expected at 5pm. Rumour Mill suggesting the borders being closed, all bars, restaurants, cafes etc being closed and a severely limited public transport service to be announced. Find out shortly.

f**k this shit. I'm going out to party and disgrace myself this weekend in case those lockdowns come here and I don't get another opportunity for a while. 

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

When I started to reply I'm sure your quoted post said 2 million. Unless I misread it. 

Ah fair dues, yeah, I mistyped it.

But its scary, worst case projections have the entire population of the UK, France, Italy and Spain being entirely wiped out, and your still not hit the total amount.

I think theyve already slowed the infection down more than they did with the Swine Flu outbreak though.

4 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Girlfriend has been put into isolation, not good.

Im trying to get the wife put in.  Any tips?

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

f**k this shit. I'm going out to party and disgrace myself this weekend 

^^^battered again IMO

f**k this shit. I'm going out to party and disgrace myself this weekend in case those lockdowns come here and I don't get another opportunity for a while. 

You’d be better trying to find a party tonight at this rate. Lockdown is incoming.

On the alcohol note, I better go and buy a couple of crates just incase.