Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Coudlnt get bread flour in any of the shops over the last week or so. Went online and found that some flour retailers have been cleaned out too. Seething. Theres literally no way this many folk make their own bread, and no way they are going to learn. p***ks.

Guest SJP79

Panic buying going on up here in Shetland, we did have 11 cases over the weekend not sure off the number now but it was seen as quite high for the population off 23k.

1 minute ago, SJP79 said:

Panic buying going on up here in Shetland, we did have 11 cases over the weekend not sure off the number now but it was seen as quite high for the population off 23k.

That was brutally high at this stage - was it all the same couple of families - or another care home outbreak?

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Coudlnt get bread flour in any of the shops over the last week or so. Went online and found that some flour retailers have been cleaned out too. Seething. Theres literally no way this many folk make their own bread, and no way they are going to learn. p***ks.

Just fannies panicking and buying things they'd never ever normally buy. Soap in Paisley for example.

Guest SJP79

This will pass and it isnt a complete doomsday scenario but there will be deaths and many ill people. 

Best thing people can do is follow the advice, chill the f**k out and do the right steps to help the weak and elderly. 

7 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
That's the Dow opened 2,000 points down and the FTSE currently 410 points down.
Countrywide, Investec & Restaurant group all being slaughtered along with Capita & DFS who are already on life support.

Restaurant Group have been on the brink for a while. Mental to see M&S with a Market Cap of only £1.6b when they have reported annual profits of £1b at their peak.

Yes, there's going to be quite a few high profile casualties over the coming days and weeks.

I really don't see any good news out there at the moment, short of confirming a cure which can quickly be brought to the market (highly unlikely if not impossible).

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'll check when back home but I reckon we've at least four bags of various strong flour. Any reasonable bids will be considered. 

Guest SJP79
1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

That was brutally high at this stage - was it all the same couple of families - or another care home outbreak?

A family of four had it i believe but not sure off the others, as far as i know it aint hit the care homes yet. 

43 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Virgin asking there airline staff to take 8 weeks unpaid leave ffs

34 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Branson could afford to pay his staff for that leave the rich c**t

Branson nett worth: $4.1 billion (which I suppose is $4,100,000,000 rather than the $4,100,000,000,000 of my youth)

Nr of employees (Virgin Atlantic): 8,571

8,571 x 8 x (say) $500.00/week = $34,284,000. Even at £1,000.00/week it would be "only" $68,568,000

Of course, as soon as this COVID-19 crisis passes, the first thing that BoJo will say is that all the money promised during election and budget for infrastructure and 'levelling up' projects has been used to bolster NHS and 'economy' (i.e. Johnson's City pals).

Plus ca change..............

4 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Guardian story saying just over40% of Spanish cases are hospitalised.

They also broadly use the term 'infected' which seems a bit bold.

Surely what they mean is 'confirmed as infected', as any number of people could have it and are just in bed with the flu, even if they haven't halted all testing like we have.

It therefore doesn't follow that Spain somehow has a worse strain of the virus.

It is very complicated, on the one hand it is totally unthinkable that only we among the world's countries have the plan right, given our ridiculous government.

On the other hand, it seems obvious that if you're normally healthy and take ill, just go home to bed until the virus leaves you genuinely struggling to breathe.

It’s ok Lynda knows someone who knows exactly what’s going on!
6C4F0887-5E60-416B-BE1F-418B3AF7C0F3.thumb.jpeg.660fe6599fa00bb217b56508822c2c21.jpeg
Seen this shared by someone accompanied with the comment 'don't know if true or not but better safe than sorry'

Facebook should be quarantined forever.