Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

7% of known cases. Still hellish but the actual mortality must be lower than that. UK mortality of known cases is about 2.5% accepting much lower numbers so far.

There are striking differences between countries. For example in UK of 1319 currently infected cases only 2% rated as serious or critical

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

In Italy 20603 currently infected cases with 8% rated as serious or critical. Even when Italy had similar number of active cases to current UK level (about 2 weeks ago)the % rated as serious or critical was quite a bit higher than the current 2% UK figure (relying on memory plus info from a friend living in Bologna for the 2 week ago figure)

No idea what the significance is or if it’s even significant at all.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

Could it be an age thing? Italians tend to live a bit longer after all - although not as long as folk from Forfar obviously.

17 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You're just wanting me to start panic buying now, aren't you?

So where do I start, what should a rookie panic buyer go for first?

What you worrying about, you’ve already had it apparently. 

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

Got sent a video today of a Chinese wet market, pretty fucking grim.  I wish I switched it off when the dogs were getting blow-torched.

I've seen that. Glad the camera panned away just as he took the cat out the cage and lifted the machete. Inhumane b*****ds. 

The video did leave me wondering what python tastes like though. 

The Chinese are chain smokers as well though

Yep. Of the 10,000 odd active cases in China at moment 30% are rated as serious or critical.
5% death rate in 70,000+ closed cases. Smoking will be a stand-alone risk factor for chronic cardio respiratory diseases which will give increases risk of mortality.

1 hour ago, The-coo-shed said:

Pupil at Dunblane High has it. School shut.

A school in Newton Mearns closed as well.  The fact is that the parents will take the decision about schools out of the Government's hands and just stop sending their kids to school if they have the means to have someone look after their kids.

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I've seen that. Glad the camera panned away just as he took the cat out the cage and lifted the machete. Inhumane b*****ds. 

Grindr bait

One of our granddaughters offered to get us a few bits and bobs - she came back with everything on the list - spuds, purple milk, toilet roll, kitchen roll and baby wipes. Got it in a convenience store at a filling station. Went on to Tesco in Cookstown where there was nada, apparently. Where's [mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention] when you need him?
What the f**k is purple milk?

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The state of the place, blood and hacked up animals everywhere, it looked like a sewer.  I cant even imagine the smell.  Although I know the cats fate, I'm quite glad I didn't see the thing get decapitated.

5 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:
23 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
One of our granddaughters offered to get us a few bits and bobs - she came back with everything on the list - spuds, purple milk, toilet roll, kitchen roll and baby wipes. Got it in a convenience store at a filling station. Went on to Tesco in Cookstown where there was nada, apparently. Where's [mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention] when you need him?

What the f**k is purple milk?

Milk with a purple lid the-one-website-2.jpg Rather surprised it took 19 minutes.)

Edited by Jacksgranda

44 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

It’s an absolute cert that before this event is over, we’re going to see supermarket delivery trucks being hijacked.

Asda van broke down outside my house and been there for two hours now. I haven’t raised it!

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
20 minutes ago, Dee Man said:
tbsouth got The Beatles first album 6 months before they were even formed. 

The quarrymen

Talking of which, when the WuTan officials were looking for a place to put all the bodies, someone suggested they check out the gravel pit.