Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just been to Tesco in Perth (Crieff road).

No soap, toilet roll, paracetamol, bleach, potatoes, bananas,pasta, rice and the meat section has been decimated.

Precious little dog food, cereal, bread, washing up liquid and detergents.

People can actually GTF.

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Just been to Tesco in Perth (Crieff road).

No soap, toilet roll, paracetamol, bleach, potatoes, bananas,pasta, rice and the meat section has been decimated.

Precious little dog food, cereal, bread, washing up liquid and detergents.

People can actually GTF.

Do you usually go into a fully-stocked shop at 6PM on a Sunday?

3 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Nah it is just my bone strengthener. They only allow you to be on it for 2 years and I've had 17ish months of it so not critical. They are cancelling all appointments of it down south so I expect similar to happen here. Good luck for next Friday! At least the Macmillan suite is one of the cleanest wards going. Not sure about the waiting room now it's at Ward 5a. You seem to be sitting on top of everyone!

Might bump into you, but better try not, had a bone density scan at the Royal in Dingwall last week which was on the low side so could be catastrophic! Hopefully just some Vitamin D and Calcium but we'll see.. Waiting room was the most chilled I've been in when I was there last week, hope it hasn't changed.

33 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Selfish wankers. Panic merchants. Idiots. Tosspots of the highest order. Probably all head out tomorrow and start snapping up fifty Pot Noodles each.

To paraphrase Gerry Sadowitz they can create a new flavour by pouring boiling water over their skulls...

43 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Lack of ventilators a huge problem, and they apparently already have far more per head in Lombardy than in the UK.

Penny only seems to have dropped now with the UK Government that buying a few more ventilators may be a good idea - these orders should have been in weeks ago.

I was gobsmacked when I saw that this morning. Having no contingency for something like this is poor, but then not even acting in the two months they've known of an imminent threat is ridiculous. 

Yet in the good old US of A St. Patrick's day celebrations will go ahead as normal.

Boston, SF and Chicago all cancelled their public events. I had to go past an area with lots of boozers in Chicago yesterday and pretty quiet compared to normal. Illinois Governor mooting whether to shut all bars and restaurants down at the moment.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Glad to hear you're better.  Where do you live?

Forfar area, a few others had something similar at the same time, no runny nose, started with a sore throat then the next day straight into the chest and that was it for 3 weeks.

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You know things are getting serious when people go for the dog food instead of the fresh fruit and veg. To much dog food can't be good for you but by f**k you get a shiny head of hair.

You also start pishing against lamp posts. 

6 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Forfar area, a few others had something similar at the same time, no runny nose, started with a sore throat then the next day straight into the chest and that was it for 3 weeks.

You were tested? I'm guessing not if it was December or we'd have heard