Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, welshbairn said:

Stealth hoarding, that's my technique, 2 packs every time you go to the shop.

Well it’s good thinking that but i never thought of it a few months back as well as getting lots of toilet roll in and now I am going to die in a pool of my own shit.

14 minutes ago, throbber said:

Well it’s good thinking that but i never thought of it a few months back as well as getting lots of toilet roll in and now I am going to die in a pool of my own shit.

with a sore head, as well.

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

UK death toll up from 21 to 35 today

If someone dies from something that is not Corona virus, but they have Corona virus, does this count towards the numbers?

For instance if someone has Corona Virus but dies in a crash? 

I seem to have timed my shopping trips well the last couple of days. Was in Asda in Perth yesterday as they brought out the toilet roll, so picked up one of their 24 packs. No soap or paracetamol though. However, we were in B&M on the Kingsway in Dundee today as they brought out both the soap and paracetamol, so now sorted for them as well.

Hopefully the stupidity has died back down in a fortnight when we'll need more of this stuff.

I'm due back at work 3 weeks tomorrow after 6 months off. I have a laptop and can work from home, but can guarantee that all of my access will have expired, so I think I'm going to have to go in to the office this week to get it all set up again in anticipation that the office will be closed by the time I'm due back.

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The human locusts finally decended on my local Spar this morning grabbing all the toilet rolls and pasta and were rightly told two packs of toilet rolls (8) per per-chase. These people likely going from Scotmid to Scotmid, Spar to Spar to fill their boots or back seats with products out of stock at supermarkets. Staff not happy since most local elderly shop there regularly than go all the way up to the Asda or over to Tesco.

Someone has to be responsible for telling these people to do this and to the human locusts its survival of the most selfish and sod everyone else.

Assuming word is getting round on Facebook which small shops stock which products not because people are giving out such information to help others but mainly boasting and taking photos of their utter selfishness stacked up against a wall. Do not be surprised if houses get broken into to liberate the owners of their toilet paper, hand wash, weetabix and pasta.

In America the c***s selling stuff on for huge profit are getting banned from Amazon and Ebay, hope they do the same here if that's what some of it's all about.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

If someone dies from something that is not Corona virus, but they have Corona virus, does this count towards the numbers?

On average 17000 die each year from seasonal flu

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It would probably go down as an assist. Could add a few ££££s onto its value tbf.

48 minutes ago, mizfit said:

153 cases now in Scotland. No figure for UK as of yet.

Only going one way. I can see the pubs and clubs being shut soon.

The pub I was in last night was heaving. It seemed like everyone was trying to get a good Saturday night in before they get closed.

2020 the year of the house party. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

The pub I was in last night was heaving. It seemed like everyone was trying to get a good Saturday night in before they get closed.

2020 the year of the house party. 

Austria has banned any gathering of 5 or more

No parties happening there

5 minutes ago, Binos said:

On average 17000 die each year from seasonal flu

The problem is that this is so infectious and we're only at the beginning, who's to say how many will have died by August ???