Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Pretty sure that the other teacher in my year group has it. She had to leave our residential trip early on Thursday morning and now has a bad cough, severe headaches and a fever.

Since she's not in a priority group, she can't get a test, and as the illness can't be confirmed, there's no official advice or guidance for the rest of us. Which seems mad.

Same with us. Two people were sent home from our department on Friday and told to "self isolate" for 7 days. I work in an office with over 1,000 people and the only ones capable of working from home are senior management and analysts (which make up under 5% of our workforce).

The show must go on though, which makes a complete mockery of the Government advice when millions are mixing with each other daily, commuting to and from the large city's and crossing over one another in the major Railway and Bus stations.

Same with us. Two people were sent home from our department on Friday and told to "self isolate" for 7 days. I work in an office with over 1,000 people and the only ones capable of working from home are senior management and analysts (which make up under 5% of our workforce).
The show must go on though, which makes a complete mockery of the Government advice when millions are mixing with each other daily, commuting to and from the large city's and crossing over one another in the major Railway and Bus stations.
The buses and railways won't stop until they are ordered by Government. If they did it off their own back they'd no doubt be slaughtered by the public.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The buses and railways won't stop until they are ordered by Government. If they did it off their own back they'd no doubt be slaughtered by the public.

The trains are getting noticeably more empty each day anyway.

I travel all over the country on a daily basis. The rest of our team do the same.

It's absolutely not business critical to do so (working from home is not really possible for more than a day or two, but travel in general could be vastly reduced), yet the official line as of Friday evening is to continue as normal.

Seems absolutely mental to me given everything else that is going on. I hope common sense is arrived at come Monday.

Edited by Todd_is_God

16 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

As someone whose last remaining parent is 70+ there is no way I'm going to visit him right now when this thing can be in your body for 2 weeks before symptoms show. I don't want to kill him because that p***k at work decided to come in when they had a fever and cough.

How can visits from family and neighbours be deemed an acceptable risk but bingo isn't?

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Have to say, I’m quite enjoying this Covid outbreak.

Time for some self isolation in the bog I think.

Mind your temperature...

1 minute ago, Peters Wyngarde said:

As someone whose last remaining parent is 70+ there is no way I'm going to visit him right now when this thing can be in your body for 2 weeks before symptoms show. I don't want to kill him because that p***k at work decided to come in when they had a fever and cough.

How can visits from family and neighbours be deemed an acceptable risk but bingo isn't?

1 and 9, virus time. 7 and 0, time to go.... would just scare the auld dears. Bingo simply has to stop.