Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Strathclyde Uni has suspended face to face teaching. All their stuff will be online.

The gym, library and student services will be open though

Lecturers are pretty fucked once everyone realises there hasn't been a need for lectures for about the last 10 years 

2 hours ago, stuart87 said:

Going back to the first few pages of this thread makes interesting reading.

After one day of no fitba’, and having spent much of that day sitting in a Pavers shoe shop while Mrs Poz pondered the merits of the pink Skechers trainers over the light grey ones.... I’m away to read the entire ‘Big Rangers Administration Thread’ from the beginning. I think we should get that thread recorded as an audiobook. Would get us through the tough times that lie ahead. Div might torture us even more though, instead of getting Benedict Cumberbatch and Matthew McConaughey to record it in comforting tones, he’d get in Sarah Millican and Joe Pasquale.

Edited by pozbaird

He is promoting a newspaper article he has in the telegraph about how to protect yourself from the virus but in pure tory style its behind a paywall [emoji23]

Matt Handcock doesn't exactly inspire confidence. We could do that, we may do that, it may come in, a week a fortnight. They obviously don't know what the f**k they are doing.

10 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Lecturers are pretty fucked once everyone realises there hasn't been a need for lectures for about the last 10 years 

There will always be some thick as f**k students who need spoon fed.

My wife teaches at uni and is always amazed at the number who can't follow simple videos.

Elvis Costello on Facebook:

It is with great regret that we are announcing the postponement of the three remaining shows of the "Just Trust UK 2020 Tour". 

In Oxford, New Theatre, Cardiff, Wales Millennium Centre and Birmingham, Symphony Hall. 

We are disappointed not to be bringing our show to you but trust you will agree that this is for the best. 

We want you all to be safe and well.   

In the face of foggy or incoherent leadership, which has the appearance of being more focused on the stock market than on people's welfare, it sadly falls to us strolling players to call a halt to our tour. All the most sober (and least hysterical), medical and scientific advisories now suggest that we would all do better to lessen our exposure to and communication of, the current contagion. 

I nevertheless want to thank everyone who has attended our shows and acknowledge that many people have continued to do so even as the gravity of the situation became more apparent. I think we have all been trying to be optimistic. We hoped to offer a little musical balance to our more irrational fears but I know now that we must take this course. 

The sentiments that I expressed from the stage of Hammersmith Apollo, on Friday night are much as I would write to you today; take care of the little ones, take care of the older folks, who are more vulnerable, please applaud and support the brave NHS staff and other health workers who are really in the front line and let us not surrender to unreasonable fear or let dread or false motive divide where we might better pull together. 

It is especially difficult to curtail another U.K. tour, after what happened in 2018 but if you're asking, I'm fine, thank you. We have all taken every sensible precaution with our band and crew to keep well and really to bring you the best show possible. We will be back at the earliest possible occasion to play for you again, when all of this is behind us. 

Finally, I want to thank all of our technical and support crew, the drivers that get us safely to the shows along with all we need to perform. Most of all I want to acknowledge the friendship and support of Steve, Pete and Davey - The Imposters, the best band in any land - with all our thanks to our wonderful singers, Kitten Kuroi and Briana Lee for their peerless musical contribution, energy and spirit. 

We are all in this together. 

Please take care of yourselves and we will see you in just a little while. 

Your friend through music. Elvis Costello

47 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is your missus going to stay at her mum's for a bit?

I certainly hope so, though she has no plans at the moment unless my symptoms take a turn for the serious.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

I don't really recall him mentioning it Throbber but I do recall him saying somewhere he was staying in Holland.

Definitely one of the smaller ones, not France or Italy IIRC. 

Ross is a long term quiz poster so will be fine.
As long as his quarantine doesn't send him cuckoo.  I'm sure we will watch how he copes and if he needs a delivery yodel will sort him out.
Now where did I put that Toblerone...

I think I saw it on top of the cuckoo clock........

Guest Moomintroll
As long as his quarantine doesn't send him cuckoo.  I'm sure we will watch how he copes and if he needs a delivery yodel will sort him out.
The Hills are alive, with the sound of coughing.....

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Looking at my Cup Quiz score I am definitely claiming it has had an affect on that.

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

I think you’re right, it was definitely landlocked.

Anyway rest in peace Ross. - a decent poster and all round nice guy, if a little beige.

From some this would be an insult, but from you I won’t complain...

Just now, Oleksandr said:

Greta will be hating this, no one paying attention to her and her precious "climate change"

Production being halted left right and centre and airlines grounding flights all over the shop. I’m fairly certain she will be delighted with the initial impact.