Coronavirus (COVID-19)

28 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

What’s the story with flying to Europe? Not recommended at all? 

According to mate who landed in Poland from Edinburgh yesterday (plane was full) military boarded plane and checked everybodirs temperature.

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Not if the Grandparents say “GTF, look after your own sprogs.”

I’m assuming people in every other country that’s shutting schools have the same issues. How are they managing?

Austria are keeping a skeleton staff for kids whose parents are front line workers who need to go to work and the kids would otherwise go to their grandparents 

Edit: pretty sure I read that nhs support staff would be manning childcare facilities too for children of doctors, nurses etc were the schools to close. 

Edited by madwullie

My office has been shut since Wednesday and is confirmed to stay that way next week. All others seem to be gradually doing the same. Can’t see anything having changed within 2 weeks, you really have to wonder how long this could go on for.

Not to mention the selfish lunatics down at Tesco at the crack of dawn carrying enough toilet roll and dried food to last until next year.

Mad times.

O

On 13/03/2020 at 01:57, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Duterte locks down Metro Manila. Safe to suggest the reported figures are nowhere close to reality?

My old boys out there. Says it's looking like going tits up if they dont get food in. He sounded well shook, which gave me a bit of the fear tbh.

13 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

O

My old boys out there. Says it's looking like going tits up if they dont get food in. He sounded well shook, which gave me a bit of the fear tbh.

Just bear in mind Duterte has taken this action as a proactive measure rather than a reactive one - he knows the place couldn't cope with any significant outbreak so is doing what he can to ensure it doesn't materialise. Maybe not the worst approach t.b.h. 

Also, whilst I'm not in the affected area, I have been keeping tabs and there is no embargo on goods coming in so that should allay some fears about food shortages. As always in the country, as long as you're not poor you'll get by - hopefully your old boy is comfortable enough to ride it out.

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Just bear in mind Duterte has taken this action as a proactive measure rather than a reactive one - he knows the place couldn't cope with any significant outbreak so is doing what he can to ensure it doesn't materialise. Maybe not the worst approach t.b.h. 

Also, whilst I'm not in the affected area, I have been keeping tabs and there is no embargo on goods coming in so that should allay some fears about food shortages. As always in the country, as long as you're not poor you'll get by - hopefully your old boy is comfortable enough to ride it out.

Yeah, he should be fine bar some underlying health issues. Just never heard him nervous like this 

3 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Can’t imagine any real shortages within metro Manila, possibly out with though.

Agreed...we both know how capital- centric the place is so they'll be pulling stuff from the provinces to keep Manila going if needbe.

I'm just peed off 'cos I ordered 3 solar powered plastic  flamingos for my garden and they were due for delivery yesterday - who knows when I'll get them now? f**k this virus!

Agreed...we both know how capital- centric the place is so they'll be pulling stuff from the provinces to keep Manila going if needbe.
I'm just peed off 'cos I ordered 3 solar powered plastic  flamingos for my garden and they were due for delivery yesterday - who knows when I'll get them now? f**k this virus!

If the supermarkets run out there is always Jollibee and Mang inasal!

For all my criticism of the Philippines, the people are resourceful (where else would pagbag be a thing, never mind a business)!

Solar Powered Flamingos? Locals find you alittle ecentric? Do they call you anything, maybe Kuya Baliw?

8 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

If the supermarkets run out there is always Jollibee and Mang inasal!

For all my criticism of the Philippines, the people are resourceful (where else would pagbag be a thing, never mind a business)!

Solar Powered Flamingos? Locals find you alittle ecentric? Do they call you anything, maybe Kuya Baliw?

They certainly mutter a bit under their breath when they see me right enough - not sure if it's good or bad! Aye, solar powere plastic flamingos - another of my Saturday night online purchases that I'm sure to regret - if i ever get them! COD is a thing here so no harm done if not.

They do know how to live off seemingly nothing more than dust though, as you say.  

I'm halfway through the first Pandemic Legacy board game and for those hoping that summer will bring good news I can exclusively reveal the impact. 

Spoiler

It's fucking chaos. We're all going to riot and look like this:

zombie-apocalypse.jpg.dff88066c9429fca93ced32738ec3eb0.jpg

Edited by alr