Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, senorsoupe said:

Popped into the supermarket today and Panic buying is still in full swing.  

Fortunately I live near a Chinese grocery store, no Coronavirus panic buyers will go anywhere near there so I'll be good.

4L23DfYGm1MmNpn4KLseCdwdRpjyFU8PiGHbleL6

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That's true.

I was just thinking on terms of football taking a back seat at this time.

My wee old mum still thought it would all blow over in a few weeks when i spoke to her earlier. Needless to say i put her straight, and hopefully didn't scare her too much.

I still think she might be right. The boffins don't even know if it's seasonal yet.

35 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Unlike Flybe, BA is in an excellent financial position. 

It is however run by a  cheapo former low-cost exec and so any excuse to pinch pennies is lapped up. They posted a massive profit last year so aren't anything like where Flybe was. 

Scum.

See also: HSBC. Strong capital position and only £10billion profit for last year. Disaster, no option but to drastically reduce the workforce.

Shareholders > executive level >>>>>>> loyal employees who've made your shitehouse business successful.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

All £500 notes to be burned

You can use yours for arse paper when the shops run out thanks to your responsible saving and living within your means.

15 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Popped into the supermarket today and Panic buying is still in full swing.  

Fortunately I live near a Chinese grocery store, no Coronavirus panic buyers will go anywhere near there so I'll be good.

Get me half a dozen bats and three civet cats. Order me a porcupine for next weekend.

I've been self isolating since yesterday, mild cold symptoms that have now gone but I'll be working from home next week and I dont see myself being back in for months (I can work from home just as easily as in the office). I'm immuno suppressed from arthritis medication so I've went down the Coronovirus rabbit hole and concluded we need to shut everything the f**k down now.

48 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I get the feeling quite a few companies are going to go bust & have their positions taken by new ones. BA won't but I don't fly with them anyway because they have adopted a Ryanair approach to customer service.

^^^ Megabus gold card holder