Coronavirus (COVID-19)

29 minutes ago, bendan said:

Unless you're planning to spin this out over decades, there aren't plenty resources to deal with it. No matter what pans out, lots will die.

Yeah sure lots will die because the disease can be fatal. Atm in Italy people who could survive are dying because there are not enough resources, ventilators, beds, to treat them back to health with. They are literally picking which people will.live in a and e based on what other conditions they have

That's what we need to avoid. 

Second day into the Czech state of emergency so far. Supermarkets still well-stocked and there hasn't been the moronic panic buying you've seen in a lot of other places, but pubs and restaurants now have to shut at  8 every night and groups/events of more than 30 people are banned. Cinemas, theatre, museums and schools all shut. I've been on home office since Wednesday and have to do it until further notice. From Monday nobody is allowed in or out to the country either. Girlfriend is currently flying back to Brno from visiting England and she has to quarantine for 14 days now. Seems very extreme but if it stops it spreading to here it's the best in the long run.

15 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
49 minutes ago, Ross. said:
Is she the young lady that had some... ahem... videos circulating a few years ago?

I shall investigate, if you don't get an answer within an hour then you'll know the answer's yes.

Just in case you need some help with your err.. research.

29 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Baby wipes and toilet roll

Lentils and canned food seems to be getting hit next.

Deliveries we are not keeping up with

Today was a shambles.

Humans are c***s . Pass it on

Dundee's latest sh*te poet.  At least McGonagall put in a rhyme or ten.  

I'd rather be shut in the house and having to bevvy at home on an evening than potentially getting the virus because Boris Johnson's a c**t, that's for sure

If the supermarkets keep getting ransacked, this guy's boozer is about half a mile from me if you want me to hit him up for tips - https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/03/02/paddy-longs-owner-on-a-beer-only-fast-during-lent-and-hes-already-lost-18-pounds/

3 hours ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Some tourists boarded my bus into the City Centre this morning and the 'Mum' started coughing non-stop...I seriously thought she was going to get jumped. All she was doing to stop spreading whatever it was she had was to keep her mouth behind a scarf.

It was so incessant I got off after ten mins at the top of Easter Road and walked the rest of the way in, ever her own son and husband were looking at her and wondering if people were going to say something.

I'm all for trying to keep going with things as normal for as long as possible but folk like that just make things 100 times worse.

Traffic Scotland have been on the radio wanting you to move your bus because it's causing an obstruction. 

Hull City are the latest club to donate food ordered for matchday following the suspension of games, with Aston Villa confirming 850 staff packed lunches are being donated to support homeless charities. “With food having already been delivered to the Kcom Stadium for tomorrow’s game, the club was keen to ensure it didn’t go to waste,” read a club statement. “Fresh fruit, vegetables and sandwiches have now been passed over to FareShare Hull & Humber, a charity that redistributes surplus food to over 120 organisations throughout the region. The club are pleased that this surplus food will go to people who really need it.”

25 minutes ago, L'immortale Par said:

Italian sports reporters are very different to Scottish ones.

As much as I like Jane Dougall (who's on BBC News just now actually), I can never get this image out of my head:

JD.JPG.4c9540877d7cedcd17182efeccb2b091.JPG

22 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Yeah sure lots will die because the disease can be fatal. Atm in Italy people who could survive are dying because there are not enough resources, ventilators, beds, to treat them back to health with. They are literally picking which people will.live in a and e based on what other conditions they have

That's what we need to avoid. 

Good luck with that.

People were being treated and left in hospital corridors at Crosshouse three weeks ago when I was down, so I dread to think what it will be like now.

Edited by WATTOO

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/13/ba-says-jobs-will-go-as-airline-industry-faces-crisis-worse-than-9-11-coronavirus

"In the UK, where the regional carrier Flybe collapsed after the outbreak of coronavirus, fears that the wider aviation industry could follow have been raised further, with news of job cuts at Edinburgh Airport. The Unite trade union warned that Edinburgh, following Southampton airport, was on the brink of collapse without government help."