Coronavirus (COVID-19)

31 minutes ago, charon said:

English fitba suspended till April 3rd.

Hopefully everyone who pays a TV subscription with Sky / Virgin etc will now cancel, seeing as the majority pay the crazy monthly bill to watch live sport.

Can't say I'd be disappointed to see them get a right kick in the teeth financially.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

An interesting thread on why the UK (including Scotland) is doing one thing and other countries another. Don’t know who this chap is but he seems confident with his opinions.

He says he's an "anarchostatist". When the new world order emerges from this, I'm likely to order his execution.

I find it interesting reading these articles from just a year or two ago that predicted the current situation, yet the government evidently hasn't had any form of robust plan as seen by the "f***, what should we do now?" make-it-up-as-you-go-along shambles.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/07/health/flu-pandemic-sanjay-gupta/index.html

A nice line at the bottom to brighten up the day, written before journos thought twice just to avoid mass panic buying etc etc :unsure: :  

It is human nature to avoid being consumed by hypotheticals until they are staring us squarely in the face.

Such is the case with a highly lethal flu pandemic. And when it comes, it will affect every human alive today...

... With pandemic flu, we cannot solely rely on our bodies' ability to fight. A vaccine is our only real hope.

From a mental health perspective it will be quite interesting, most of us are still expected to run daily risks and turn up for work in crowded City Centre offices etc, but we are having most of our leisure and pleasure pursuits taken away from us, ranging from Holidays to Sport to Concerts, Cinema, Theatre, Clubbing and even Gambling.

All work and no play and all that ???

Desperate times certainly and I'm sure this will have lasting effects in many ways on many peoples lives.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

From a mental health perspective it will be quite interesting, most of us are still expected to run daily risks and turn up for work in crowded City Centre offices etc, but we are having most of our leisure and pleasure pursuits taken away from us, ranging from Holidays to Sport to Concerts, Cinema, Theatre, Clubbing and even Gambling.

Desperate times certainly and I'm sure this will have lasting effects in many ways on many peoples lives.

An exciting opportunity to get more of the country reading books.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Yeah, the football authorities have shat the bed. It's one thing to suspend international competitions, and big crowds in general for the strain on services, but just stopping all football is daft.

Scottish FA suspend matches

The Scottish Football Association has confirmed they have suspended all professional and grassroots football in Scotland until further notice. Ian Maxwell, the Scottish FA chief executive, said: “Today’s announcement is made in the interests of public health but, equally, the health and safety of players, match officials, and staff across the game. This is of paramount importance as the country enters the ‘delay’ phase of the coronavirus pandemic.”

Netflix and chill [emoji6]

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

D.A.F.C started out the thread with the Margaret Thatcher approach and is ending it with a Mahatma Ghandi act. Some transformation.

I'm afraid I'm not going to believe it till he gives up his job while he's still uninfected and moves in to take care of his uniquely elderly parents. He can afford it.

This may sound stupid but what do I do with my dog if I go into self isolation/the country goes into lockdown. His little life revolves around walks and playing, if I’m not able to do that I don’t know what I’ll do with him.
In Italy you have to stay 2 metres away from people. Walk to the park will be fine I would imagine.