Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Yeah that's definitely the scariest thing I've read so far. Cheers for sharing.

f**k.

That’s pretty much the same thing I read a couple of days back and then blamed all the wrong people for out of panic.

Im still not sure about what the government are advised to be doing but perhaps letting kids roam about with older people is a recipe for problems?

Flip side is why is no other country doing this? They’re all pretty much shutting down events and schools.

I think there does need to be more transparency and I would love to hear if we are basing the ideas from advice from China or Europe? How can we make a decision so different despite not dealing with big numbers like in China? If it turns out that if you isolate or don’t isolate then you still get the same numbers then I can understand but how can you slow something down by not doing anything?

Large scale events should be called off all over the uk without question. 

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

I don’t think it will transpire, but imagine coronavirus denying Liverpool their first title in thirty years, and stopping nine-in-a-row for Celtic, all in the same season.

’Mon the coronavirus.

The explosion of grief between the two clubs in such a scenario would probably push the earth off its axis. 

Tremendous. 

58 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Who hasn't?

They are by far the worst government ever and it gives me great pleasure to laugh in the face of any Scot who voted for this shitshow ahead of self government.

Defending voting for the Union after this is over will become virtually impossible and I can't wait to hear the shit they come away with.

Eh, aren't all four UK governments in agreement over the approach and working together on this?

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I don’t think it will transpire, but imagine coronavirus denying Liverpool their first title in thirty years, and stopping nine-in-a-row for Celtic, all in the same season.

’Mon the coronavirus.

Don't forget Leeds. Plus their manager is quite old.

A few months back my work sent out home working agreements to everyone to complete. I didn't bother, making a throwaway comment about there needing to be a fucking zombie apocalypse to prevent me making it to our office. 

Six months later *global pandemic*

Think i might have tempted fate tbh. 

25 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

That's enough of this "runaway leaders being denied a league win" chat, thankyouverymuch

What about "Firmly-rooted basement boys for the first time in decades being denied an SPFL relegation playoff" chat?

Must admit, I'm kind of warming to the idea. 

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

What about "Firmly-rooted basement boys for the first time in decades being denied an SPFL relegation playoff" chat?

Must admit, I'm kind of warming to the idea. 

I'm fine with United promoted and Brechin safe.

Everyone else can take a flying f**k to themselves

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/12/premier-league-plays-on-as-normal-while-other-top-leagues-cancel?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

“One club executive told the Guardian they expected the season to be suspended for several weeks in the light of the Arteta news, and didn’t rule out the possibility of the whole season being voided.”

Don’t see how the SPFL can bodyswerve this possibility.

10 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/12/premier-league-plays-on-as-normal-while-other-top-leagues-cancel?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

“One club executive told the Guardian they expected the season to be suspended for several weeks in the light of the Arteta news, and didn’t rule out the possibility of the whole season being voided.”

Don’t see how the SPFL can bodyswerve this possibility.

What would the reason be for cancelling though? The CMO said today that it wouldn't be due to public health concerns

One thing I heard on a Q+A thing on R5 earlier.

Somecunto asked if you have the normal flu, could you catch the Coronavirus?

Answer was almost 100% 'not'.

Makes all those flu jabs an expensive and deadly waste of time then.

What would the reason be for cancelling though? The CMO said today that it wouldn't be due to public health concerns
Crazy having supporters zig zagging across the country on trains and buses going into pubs and food outlets spreading the virus before and after going to a game.

Do the sensible thing and cancel the season. Football is secondary on this occasion!

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Sounds like Chelsea are the latest team affected so Villa-Chelsea pretty much certain to be called off. I was unsure whether I should go so that saves me having to make a decision, at least.

Just play the kids. f**k Hansen.

Yep...if we were to face anything like what many countries have faced we would be looking at a healthcare system which was completely swamped.  I fancy my chances where I am as we are, as you say, a little away from the likely hotspots  although we do get a fair few Koreans passing through on their way to Boracay.
Stay Safe! 

Duterte locks down Metro Manila. Safe to suggest the reported figures are nowhere close to reality?