Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Has anyone else had an email from work about working from home? I got one through tonight (FTSE 250 company) about rolling out working from home starting on Monday based on us now being in the delay phase. It's got me thinking that the government may have said privately to business leaders that working from home should be encouraged, but left it out of the press conference so as not to create hysteria amongst those who can't work from home.

Either that or some high ups at work fancy lowering their chance of catching it.

1 minute ago, Coooombe said:

Has anyone else had an email from work about working from home? I got one through tonight (FTSE 250 company) about rolling out working from home starting on Monday based on us now being in the delay phase. It's got me thinking that the government may have said privately to business leaders that working from home should be encouraged, but left it out of the press conference so as not to create hysteria amongst those who can't work from home.

Either that or some high ups at work fancy lowering their chance of catching it.

The government definitely aren't going to say hey supermarket workers and food factory employees it's business as usual on minimum wage but white collar folk can stay off. 

The realisation that essential services are being provided by on minimum wage might progress the conversation on poverty pay in the UK. 

Guest bernardblack

Since we are all inevitably going to get this now, how bad will it be? Just a week of feeling shite with a sore throat?

Guest SJP79
7 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Since we are all inevitably going to get this now, how bad will it be? Just a week of feeling shite with a sore throat?

Depends on your age and whether you have underlying health issues.

Some people have a worse reaction that others roughly one in five.

8 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

Problem is if the peak isnt flattened out then the services will struggle to cope and there could be a higher death rate.

I think Welshy made that point earlier. 

But he later said that you'd need to keep the spike 'short' otherwise Society becomes fooked.

Go figure.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Really?

Kind of, I could even have passed it on myself without knowing. I get very pessimistic at times, just feel hopeless about not being able to do more for the people who looked after me. I can’t say it’s going to be fine because even normal is dangerous for them.