Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just want to apologise for the crass comments earlier in this thread.
Basically I know if either of my parents gets this then its extremely likely that's it.
I read about the italian situation and went a bit hysterical that the uk wasnt stopping people going to work.
Obviously if people could afford to they wouldn't go, it's not their fault and having a go was out of order.
It was just utter nonsense from me and I was panicking and looking for someone to blame for everything.
I hope everyone on here gets through this and that their loved ones are all ok.
Dropped of some messages for them tonight and thought that could be the last time I see them.
Just wish there was some way of helping but it seems a bit like an inevitability that cases will increase.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Looks like the organiser is totally fucked.

The numbers are pretty terrifying. The experts in the press conference understandably didn't want to give a headline number of how many will die, but some basic calculations gives you their number going by their own figures.

UK population 66 million. They agreed with Merkel's statement that 70% will get infected, and that their upper estimate was actually more like 80%. And they were very confident that the death rate is 1%.

So 46 million will be infected if we go with the more conservative 70% figure, 1% of that is 462,000 deaths.

That's not factoring people who may die from the knock-on effect of other healthcare services being affected. Plus the significant economic impacts. Then apply similar figures to other countries around the world.

1 minute ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

The numbers are pretty terrifying. The experts in the press conference understandably didn't want to give a headline number of how many will die, but some basic calculations gives you their number going by their own figures.

UK population 66 million. They agreed with Merkel's statement that 70% will get infected, and that their upper estimate was actually more like 80%. And they were very confident that the death rate is 1%.

So 46 million will be infected if we go with the more conservative 70% figure, 1% of that is 462,000 deaths.

That's not factoring people who may die from the knock-on effect of other healthcare services being affected. Plus the significant economic impacts. Then apply similar figures to other countries around the world.

No wonder we won the war when ze Germans give up like that.

52 minutes ago, charon said:

You can pass it to a dug, said dug cannot pass it to you.

YOU MAY GIVE A TOAD A WART BUT A TOAD MAY NOT GIVE A WART TO YOU

9 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Except that wasn’t what was said.

31 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Basically I know if either of my parents gets this then its extremely likely that's it.
I read about the italian situation and went a bit hysterical that the uk wasnt stopping people going to work.
Obviously if people could afford to they wouldn't go, it's not their fault and having a go was out of order.
It was just utter nonsense from me and I was panicking and looking for someone to blame for everything.
Dropped of some messages for them tonight and thought that could be the last time I see them.
Just wish there was some way of helping but it seems a bit like an inevitability that cases will increase.

Maybe you should have worked harder and saved more, then you could get the best in private health care for them rather than just expecting the NHS to sort them out. c**t

Willing to be corrected? That is what I'm sure they said.

They said that though the rate has been 1% that there is nothing to support this will be the percentage going forward.

33 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Just don't go back to making a right rip-roaring c**t of yourself again tomorrow, eh?

Guest SJP79

That's what I said, and the 2 guys when asked agreed that was realistic and that they thought it may be as high as 80%.

Watch Dr John Campbell and share the link.