Coronavirus (COVID-19)

What is the script if you find out an elderly relative has it and is hospitalised? I assume you can’t see them ? What if they pass away ? What sort of timescale would you need to wait to get the body. Then there will be huge backlogs in laying them to rest if we hit Italian levels. This is absolutely mental. Just as well we have a popular and clever PM !!

12 minutes ago, Kneal Down Caster said:

What is the script if you find out an elderly relative has it and is hospitalised? I assume you can’t see them ? What if they pass away ? What sort of timescale would you need to wait to get the body. Then there will be huge backlogs in laying them to rest if we hit Italian levels. This is absolutely mental. Just as well we have a popular and clever PM !!

Presumably if you have a close relative in hospital with it you would need to be in isolation and unable to see them. Pretty sure it was the case with one of the UK fatalities that the family couldn’t see their relative and were just getting telephone updates. 

We’ve been told to work from home tomorrow. Can see it being made longer term in the coming days. 

Guest SJP79
5 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

nope

lets hope they get the finger out and start banning gatherings and large events. 

Edited by SJP79

Announced tomorrow that we are going into the contain phase which means let everyone just carry on and contain it.
Pretty much the worst response from any european country and the only one to let gatherings continue despite the who warning today.

Seeing the schools may be closed from tomorrow. As a teacher, I’m in two minds about this:

Not having to go into work is always quite nice.

Preparing lessons from home and posting them online will be a nuisance. Never-mind actually being able to track who has been doing what or providing any sort of effective feedback. Childcare will of course be a massive issue too. Not a chance that some of the parents that I teach will be able/willing to take time off.

We shall see what happens.

Announced tomorrow that we are going into the contain phase which means let everyone just carry on and contain it.
Pretty much the worst response from any european country and the only one to let gatherings continue despite the who warning today.

It’s absolutely bizarre. You’ve got a serious problem arising and the leader of a country thinks it’s best to let said problem get worse before taking any sort of action. How does that make any sense?

3 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Seeing the schools may be closed from tomorrow. As a teacher, I’m in two minds about this:

Not having to go into work is always quite nice.

Preparing lessons from home and posting them online will be a nuisance. Never-mind actually being able to track who has been doing what or providing any sort of effective feedback. Childcare will of course be a massive issue too. Not a chance that some of the parents that I teach will be able/willing to take time off.

We shall see what happens.

Doubt most schools will require you to 'teach' from home.

8 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

It's been known for some time that we have a government that is based on the denial of facts.

Priti Patel being a nice person being one example.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

It’s absolutely bizarre. You’ve got a serious problem arising and the leader of a country thinks it’s best to let said problem get worse before taking any sort of action. How does that make any sense?

When your social philosophy doesn’t give a shit and you’re  trying to dig yourself out of a hole

I feel particularly vulnerable now it's getting a bit more serious here but can't really work from home although I don't have to work with public and share an office with about 20 people who know to avoid me if they are ill. I've been a frequent hand washer and hand gel user since my transplant but the general public are clatty as f**k so who knows what good it is doing for me. I catch every virus going although my neutrophils are 1.4 just now so hoping that's good enough 😭