Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, tarapoa said:

Has there been a recent incubator inventory in the UK - sounds like that is the only option for many and the docs may end up having to play god in who is prioritised.

NHS workers have already been told they’ll have to prioritise. 40-60 year olds beware.

Has there been a recent ventilator inventory in the UK?- sounds like that is the only option for many and the docs may end up having to play god in who is prioritised.
75% capacity before this even started. Maybe a couple of thousand available.
12000 cases in italy even with isolation.
Not sure how many required ventilators. Btw lombardy is arguably the best healthcare system in Europe and they cant cope.
If it gets worse I'm staying home the uk has completely fucked this. Hope I'm wrong, i read up on Italy a few days back and have been heads gone ever since.

very, very scary from Italy in this thread.
60+ and thos with health complications (ie diabetes, hiv) won’t even be assessed let alone treated.
social isolation the only way forward.
Yep, asking people to continue on is crazy. It will cost much more in the long run.

13 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
24 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:
Is this a thing across Veneto? My works factory is based in Schio and as of today we'd heard no real updates.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the case. I only just got the news.

It'll be interesting to hear what's what, we manufacture mechanical equipment so not exactly a "shop", UK reporting it's just shops and stores so maybe we'll still be open. 

A member of the cabinet is in isolation tonight after being tested for the virus today. Has to be Dominic Raab who caughed his way through the budget announcement in parliament earlier probably infecting Boris and the rest of the gang.

Are you on full pay? 
Not sure to be completely honest, I think there'll be a few lawyers making a lot of money out of this situation.
It'll be interesting to hear what's what, we manufacture mechanical equipment so not exactly a "shop", UK reporting it's just shops and stores so maybe we'll still be open. 
My work is an office and no members of the public had been allowed in for a few days now.

Michael Osterholm from the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) says washing your hands does absolutely f**k all to prevent Covid-19. 

Kind of reminds me of when we were on the brink of nuclear war the Government advice was to make a wee camp under the stairs even though your house would have been instantly vaporised.

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

Michael Osterholm from the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) says washing your hands does absolutely f**k all to prevent Covid-19. 
Kind of reminds me of when we were on the brink of nuclear war the Government advice was to make a wee camp under the stairs even though your house would have been instantly vaporised.

Making a wee fort is good fun though, may as well spend your final hours before vaporisation doing something nice.