Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The real clowns are people who are so financially irresponsible that they dont even have a weeks wages in reserve.
As said it seems the norm now and I've touched a nerve. Let's all blame the Tories or lash out at someone because they cant look at themselves and admit they've fucked up.
It's such a lazy, stereotypical view to take that poor people are living poverty because they are spending their money on non-essentials like booze, fags, phones etc.

There are over 14 million people in poverty in the UK and most will be due to zero hour contracts, stuck in high private rent amongst other things. You even mentioned in a previous post that real wages have barely increased but debt has increased and that will partly due to essentials like food, electricity, rent continuing to out pace wage increases.

Yes they'll be some f**k wits that will spend every penny and rack up huge debt but that isn't restricted to poor people. They'll be guys on 50k a year living in huge houses and driving the latest BMW that would be equally fucked if they don't get any wages for a couple of weeks.

I have no idea why you decided to double down on this after admitting you were having a heads gone moment yesterday. unnamed.jpeg

It's such a lazy, stereotypical view to take that poor people are living poverty because they are spending their money on non-essentials like booze, fags, phones etc.

There are over 14 million people in poverty in the UK and most will be due to zero hour contracts, stuck in high private rent amongst other things. You even mentioned in a previous post that real wages have barely increased but debt has increased and that will partly due to essentials like food, electricity, rent continuing to out pace wage increases.

Yes they'll be some f**k wits that will spend every penny and rack up huge debt but that isn't restricted to poor people. They'll be guys on 50k a year living in huge houses and driving the latest BMW that would be equally fucked if they don't get any wages for a couple of weeks.

I have no idea why you decided to double down on this after admitting you were having a heads gone moment yesterday. unnamed.jpeg.54784c1abfa50d62ac1462911a6abc33.jpeg
Its the fuckwits I'm talking about. Not the poor. Everyone has assumed this despite me never actually saying it.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Its the fuckwits I'm talking about. Not the poor. Everyone has assumed this despite me never actually saying it.

You've been asked to quantify the number of these "fuckwits" that are apparently "ruining the country" and you can't. You're talking out your hoop based on Youtube videos and Instagram profiles you hate. It's not rational.

You said earlier "lets keep blaming the Tories" - aye, we fucking will. It's their austerity policies which have driven people to life on the edge, but you keep sticking the boot into the guy taking home minimum wage because you don't like the fancy clothes he wears.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Apparently there's too be a new edict this evening forcing all businesses (with the exception of those selling essentials, i.e. supermarkets) to close for three weeks. People haven't been taking the current regulations seriously enough it seems.

You do realise that you've nothing showing on 'location', or are you thinking everyone knows you're in Veneto?

Edit: not having a go - just think it might avoid confusion to mention it.

Edited by bendan

2 minutes ago, bendan said:

You do realise that you've nothing showing on 'location', or are you thinking everyone knows you're in Veneto?

He has mentioned it a fair bit. Thought you were out in the Far East somewhere unless I'm mixing you up?

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He has mentioned it a fair bit. Thought you were out in the Far East somewhere unless I'm mixing you up?

Yes, he has mentioned it, but there are more and more people looking at the thread. Might be helpful to have a location if you're not in Scotland. It's hard to keep track of where people are.

I was in China in the past, but back in Scotland now. I updated my location to reflect that.

You can't see folk's location on the app anyway so it's not the most useful tool in this situation. As welshbairn says, I've posted a fair bit on this thread, enough that I thought I could stop repeating myself.

Just now, DiegoDiego said:
11 minutes ago, bendan said:

You can't see folk's location on the app anyway so it's not the most useful tool in this situation. As welshbairn says, I've posted a fair bit on this thread, enough that I thought I could stop repeating myself.

That's true - I wasn't meaning to have a go. It's just I read your post about the 'new edict' and at first thought it was referring to the UK.

You've been asked to quantify the number of these "fuckwits" that are apparently "ruining the country" and you can't. You're talking out your hoop based on Youtube videos and Instagram profiles you hate. It's not rational.
You said earlier "lets keep blaming the Tories" - aye, we fucking will. It's their austerity policies which have driven people to life on the edge, but you keep sticking the boot into the guy taking home minimum wage because you don't like the fancy clothes he wears.
Yet more things I didnt say.
The original chat was that many workers may have to work from home which might mean reduced wages. I suggested that people should be responsible enough that they have a bit in reserve but realise that this looks insensitive to zero hour contractors or the very poor.
I tried to point out that theres a lot of people, myself included that could cut back a bit and it's not just the Tories to blame for consumer spending wasteful culture. I think I've been accused of at least ten things I didnt actually say.
To make it clear if you make enough money to pay the mortgage and utilities then try to save if you can because crisis events can happen.
You have to understand that because of my mental situation because of work any attack is a red flag to a bull type situation and I feel that I need to defend myself aggressively because my confidence about my own abilities and even reality is broken down by narcissitic creeps.
I dont for a second look down on anyone financially struggling to make ends meet and I never said that the poor shouldn't enjoy themselves if they can. I'm not exactly a millionaire myself.
Sorry to take this topic well off target and perhaps some posters can look at themselves and say that perhaps saving a bit more might be an idea if possible?
If you said swap my mortgage and savings for a happy life and a decent bunch of friends I would do so without thinking about it. I'm not saying money is everything and best to ignore what i post in off topic during office hours because I'm usually pissed off.

4 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:
4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:
Why would you describe a company following a contingency plan to give them more chance to keep operating as "absolute lunatics"?

Given his previous input into discussion I'd say it's because he is a moron.

Sickener for @Worktheshaft the weirdo. 

4 hours ago, NYD1997 said:

Interesting... They may want to tell the staff that work there this because there has still been car sharing, teams haven't been split up, and there is only 4 doors (not including fire exits) in and out of the building and they were all being used....

Pretty sure you have just made this up

Somebody has told them. :)

7 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Maybe they could Skype in or play it through Microsoft Teams?

32 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Yet more things I didnt say.
The original chat was that many workers may have to work from home which might mean reduced wages. I suggested that people should be responsible enough that they have a bit in reserve but realise that this looks insensitive to zero hour contractors or the very poor.
I tried to point out that theres a lot of people, myself included that could cut back a bit and it's not just the Tories to blame for consumer spending wasteful culture. I think I've been accused of at least ten things I didnt actually say.
To make it clear if you make enough money to pay the mortgage and utilities then try to save if you can because crisis events can happen.
You have to understand that because of my mental situation because of work any attack is a red flag to a bull type situation and I feel that I need to defend myself aggressively because my confidence about my own abilities and even reality is broken down by narcissitic creeps.
I dont for a second look down on anyone financially struggling to make ends meet and I never said that the poor shouldn't enjoy themselves if they can. I'm not exactly a millionaire myself.
Sorry to take this topic well off target and perhaps some posters can look at themselves and say that perhaps saving a bit more might be an idea if possible?
If you said swap my mortgage and savings for a happy life and a decent bunch of friends I would do so without thinking about it. I'm not saying money is everything and best to ignore what i post in off topic during office hours because I'm usually pissed off.

That's fair enough, however SURELY nobody would twist anything on P&B ??

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I love LA myself, so would always try and stay but its different strokes for different folks. Vegas is an awesome place to spend time, ive got a young kid so can’t really go there for a long time yet. The hertz one way hire wouldnt have any other add ons, they don’t charge any other fees than if you need a sat nav etc. Southwest as i said are great to fly with, especially as they are budget but allow two free bags each, unheard of here. Where in Vegas you staying? Id imagine it might be quiet with the virus! Im due to go to Orlando in May so really hoping we still get to go.

Agree that Southwest are a good airline (in general). Have flown with them a few times before. We are splitting our time in Vegas. A few days at the JW Marriott resort in Summerlin, then on the strip at Wynn. Who knows if our amended plans will still be affected by this in May. Hopefully not. Vegas may be quieter than normal (if this coronavirus panic is still in play), but TBH, if it’s a bit quieter than its normal madness on the strip, no complaints. The last time we went to Vegas when it was indeed quieter than normal was after 9/11, when Americans were shitting themselves about flying, while we absolutely wanted to fly as normal. Maybe a Scottish thing, of basically, fcuk um’, we’re going? Who knows.