Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, NYD1997 said:

Interesting... They may want to tell the staff that work there this because there has still been car sharing, teams haven't been split up, and there is only 4 doors (not including fire exits) in and out of the building and they were all being used....

Is it? 

Were you at the big meeting yesterday by any chance? 

Edited by Dele

2 hours ago, NYD1997 said:

Interesting... They may want to tell the staff that work there this because there has still been car sharing, teams haven't been split up, and there is only 4 doors (not including fire exits) in and out of the building and they were all being used....

Pretty sure you have just made this up

There are only 2 staff entrances, not 4.

2 hours ago, Dele said:

Seven cases confirmed in Ninewells apparently. 

Aviva in Perth are splitting teams up, they have to use seperate doors to enter the building. They're being housed on different floors and they're not allowed to car share either. They want to have a contingency plan in place so they always have sufficient teams to deal with claims/calls if someone goes down with it. 

Absolute lunatics. 

Not a million miles away from what my lot are doing. We've hired a whack of temporary office space, are using a couple of floors in the old office that had been closed off pending renovation work, and are using the disaster recovery site. Usually around 40 of us on the floor I work in, there are 6 of us in one of the temporary offices in Zurich, a few on each floor of the usual building, a few in the DR site and the rest working from home. Seems to be the plan for many of the other banks and brokers, though not all of them have implemented it yet Been told the office I am working out of has been rented for the next 6 months as a minimum.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Why would you describe a company following a contingency plan to give them more chance to keep operating as "absolute lunatics"?

I certainly wouldn't be re-arranging my travel time and out of hours activity to suit a massive companies hopes of keeping its doors open. 

Would you? 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

I certainly wouldn't be re-arranging my travel time and out of hours activity to suit a massive companies hopes of keeping its doors open. 

Would you? 

But you'd be the same person that has a meltdown when something disastrous happens to your home and your insurance company aren't there to help you when you're left with nowhere to go.

Debt Advice For Clowns
The real clowns are people who are so financially irresponsible that they dont even have a weeks wages in reserve.
As said it seems the norm now and I've touched a nerve. Let's all blame the Tories or lash out at someone because they cant look at themselves and admit they've fucked up.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Within reason, yes

Well you're a lunatic too, tbh. 

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

But you'd be the same person that has a meltdown when something disastrous happens to your home and your insurance company aren't there to help you when you're left with nowhere to go.

That's quite an assumption. What makes you say that? 

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

The real clowns are people who are so financially irresponsible that they dont even have a weeks wages in reserve.
As said it seems the norm now and I've touched a nerve. Let's all blame the Tories or lash out at someone because they cant look at themselves and admit they've fucked up.

My mate, a previously-SAHM to her three kids, now lives week-to-week with her weans because her husband left her after having an affair.

Financially irresponsible IMO

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

This is right up there, people.