Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I've been thinking about a quote I once read that explains that in an urban society, everything connects.

Each person's needs are fed by the skills of many others.

Our lives are woven together in a fabric, but the connections that make society strong also make it vulnerable.

What I'm taking from these words at the moment is to grab as much cludgey roll as you can now before some other c**t gets them all. 

1 minute ago, Lee Van Tee said:

I've been thinking about a quote I once read that explains that in an urban society, everything connects.

Each person's needs are fed by the skills of many others.

Our lives are woven together in a fabric, but the connections that make society strong also make it vulnerable.

What I'm taking from these words at the moment is to grab as much cludgey roll as you can now before some other c**t gets them all. 

I'll continue with my policy of only shiting at work to economize on bog roll. 

Asda at the jewel's bogroll shelves were empty when I was there earlier. A worker brought a half pallet of them through and people were taking them off the pallet before the poor lad even got a chance to put them on the shelves. My very loud comment of "stupid fucking morons" drew a few glares. Just shrugged my shoulders and walked off.

1 hour ago, dundeefc1783 said:

So what's the number in Scotland now 16 is it? Based on what other countries have experienced should we be expecting this to get into the hundreds anytime soon or is that still a bit off?

It's been pretty well doubling every day so I'd say Wednesday.

36 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'll continue with my policy of only shiting at work to economize on bog roll. 

What if your work runs out?

I've still got about a dozen nine packs that I stockpiled before Brexit myself, so I might take a roll in for myself and place it in my locker.

Not that I'm a c**t or anything.

7 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Heading down to Tesco’s later on.  Thankfully the people of Bathgate look at toilet roll as some sort of frivolous luxury.  But seeing as it’s now a crisis it will be like this.

335E0BF4-B2AE-4F75-BE7C-8EF056206067.jpeg

Describing the inhabitants of Bathgate as "people" is pretty generous tbh

19 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Heading down to Tesco’s later on.  Thankfully the people of Bathgate look at toilet roll as some sort of frivolous luxury.  But seeing as it’s now a crisis it will be like this.

335E0BF4-B2AE-4F75-BE7C-8EF056206067.jpeg

Anarchy set in already imo

It would certainly be karma if this c**t caught it.

A Christian televangelist has been ordered by New York's attorney general to stop promoting a "cure" for the coronavirus to the public. 

The cease-and-desist letter was sent to the Jim Bakker Show after it had naturopathic doctor Sherrill Sellman as a guest on 12 February.   During the show, the doctor was asked if her $125 "Silver Solution" sold online would work against the coronavirus. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-cure-christian-televangelist-new-york-sherrill-sellman-jim-bakker-a9385476.html

I was reading somewhere that a big issue with coronavirus is that a lot of people are asymptomatic or experiencing very mild symptoms so putting it down to seasonal flu/colds. 

The headline numbers are just those positively tested and you can likely add another 30-40% on top of those that are mild/asymptomatic. 

Which is worrying as the incubation period is fairly long and you are infectious whilst incubating so it can spread quite readily. 

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I was reading somewhere that a big issue with coronavirus is that a lot of people are asymptomatic or experiencing very mild symptoms so putting it down to seasonal flu/colds. 

The headline numbers are just those positively tested and you can likely add another 30-40% on top of those that are mild/asymptomatic. 

Which is worrying as the incubation period is fairly long and you are infectious whilst incubating so it can spread quite readily. 

Public Health England say that it's not passed by people before experiencing the early symptoms, cough combined with fever, followed later by shortness of breath. The problem's going to be when they have loads of people with no links to Italian ski holidays and trips to China showing fluey symptoms and sensibly wanting checked out, and it's getting passed around the general population. Until they develop a DIY test kit they can post out, I don't see how the NHS will be able to cope.