Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

I think this is the implication.

I'd say this is one of the implications, together with the Italian stats being pish. The vast majority of Icelandic people have not been to Italy in the last month, so even if the virus is concentrated in ski resorts, there would still be a lot more than 5000 cases in Italy.

26 minutes ago, bendan said:

It's odd that Iceland has 50 cases and almost all have come from people who have themselves been in Italy, yet Italy only reports 5000 odd cases. Italy's population is about 160 times Iceland's, so if we say 40 out of Iceland's 50 were acquired in Italy, they have a higher proportion of their population picking up the virus *in Italy* than Italy itself. Which would suggest the Italian stats are utter bollocks, unless the virus has been extremely prevalent in ski resorts.

The clear conclusion is that the bug was started by Icelanders munching ponies and it's been spread globally by Skyr yoghurt salesmen.

Overheard in Tesco this morning from a scruffy looking young lassie to her boyfriend standing by the empty shelves:

"tut, if you're gonnae get it, you're gonnae get it. Whit's soap gonnae dae?"

Edited by NewBornBairn

Beginning to think that the US might be the worst hit. Aside from the cost of healthcare is the fear of getting deported if you seek testing or treatment and your paperwork isn't in order. And they're way behind on testing as they insisted on developing their own kit instead of using the WHO one that was ready to go.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/08/trump-immigration-policies-undocumented-coronavirus

Edited by welshbairn

I took my son to Gorgie Farm today and in the couple of hundred yards walk from outside the stadiums to the farm we encountered two separate people in face masks.

That’s got nothing to do with Coronavirus though.

I'm not overly worried about the Coronavirus / COVID-19, but I was scanning peoples' barcodes at parkrun yesterday and I found it rather disconcerting the number of people who finished their run and didn't wait 2 minutes to get their breath back, and instead marched up to me and breathed heavily in my face. 

36 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:
Overheard in Tesco this morning from a scruffy looking young lassie to her boyfriend standing by the empty shelves:
"tut, if you're gonnae get it, you're gonnae get it. Whit's soap gonnae dae?"

And she'd be right

Aye, cause washing your hands is never a good idea I suppose.

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Caution, this has big words in it. Some here might want an adult to read it and explain for them.

Points out the value of the much mocked face mask, it protects others, not so much yourself.