Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Was in ASDA Irvine the day and the toilet roll section was a bit ropey but nothing major.

Went to see what the hand wash section looked like but couldn't find it. Not a well laid out store at all.

These people see others on the internet doing it and think they need to do it as well. Beyond pathetic.

25 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The worry for me is that I have two disabled girls with autism and additional needs who have faecal incontinence, and need nappies and wipes fairly regularly. If folk are panic buying wipes I've genuinely no idea what we're going to do.

See that's the very real effect of these fucking self centred arseholes deciding that thry need All the toiletries. 

I sincerely hope you get them. Check your PMs mate. 

They think they'll be holed up for weeks and might run out. Obviously you could just wipe your arse with your pants and throw them out the window.
Surely there's loads of things you'd run out of before toilet roll? If that, why not almost everything else unperishable?

Yeah, but am I too late? Until an hour ago I never even entertained the thought that baby wipes might be panic-bought.
Laborious maybe but sign up for online shopping wherever you can, even likes of Boots, Waitrose etc. Order them in. Use Amazon.

I've been wondering about panic buying. If one of P&B's resident supermarket workers chose to empty a random shelf and post a picture of it on social media, how long do we think it  would take before fuckwits started panic buying the random item?

23 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If that wasn’t enough cheeriness, here’s a happy thread for our Yank cousins

If the numbers are even close to correct and it is true that the vast majority of people will get it at some point, if I was in a higher risk age group I would almost be hoping that I got it sooner rather than later while there is still capacity to treat it and some hospital beds.

31 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:
33 minutes ago, ICTChris said:
If that wasn’t enough cheeriness, here’s a happy thread for our Yank cousins

I wish someone would tell our yank cousins that it's maths and not math.

*Arithmetic 🙄

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I've been wondering about panic buying. If one of P&B's resident supermarket workers chose to empty a random shelf and post a picture of it on social media, how long do we think it  would take before fuckwits started panic buying the random item?

@G_Man1985 did this yesterday but you couldn't read what any of the labels said

16 minutes ago, Romeo said:

If it was you you'd be in the shop hiding cakes.

I'd  obviously buy what I needed first, then cake hiding.

Might start hiding hand sanitizers if I can find any.