Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I quite like times like this as it shows just how gossamer thin our social order is.

Exactly Mixu, you better get your new score in for Thursdays quiz or all shite will kick off in that thread.  Just a warning likes.

Edited by SlipperyP

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Somebody has put a "now wash your hands" sign up in the bogs.

I just noticed on my way out of the bogs at work that we still have signs up about how to prevent swine flu.

In other news: 

Matt Hancock: "Crucially, we are working with the supermarkets...."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51764225

Supermarkets: Er, no you aren't"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51769184

Matt Hancock tells porkies, who knew?

Missouri state have carried out 17 tests (they have a population of over 6 million)

Scotland have carried out over 1300 tests our population is around 5 million.

America have no idea how the virus is spreading, if we ban travel from anywhere surely it makes sense to stop people traveling from countries who have such awful health care systems that they have no handle on the virus.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
3 hours ago, highlandcowden said:
I think theyre attempting to put themselves in a situation where,if necessary,they wont have to go to somewhere where they'll be in close proximity to other people eg supermarkets

You have to stay one metre away from people at the supermarkets here. As you can imagine it's a massively impractical law.

wheres "here"?

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

11 confirmed in Scotland? Just need a subs bench and we can take the World Cup.

It's been doubling every day though, we'll have to bring back freedom of movement to keep up, if anyone will come. Maybe a few Italians.

Not that I'm one for conspiracy theories, however this was just taken from the BBC,

Politicians killed by Covid-19 in Iran

Several politicians or government officials are among those who have been killed by the disease in Iran.

They include Hossein Sheikholeslam, an adviser to Iran's foreign minister. He died late on Thursday, state news agency IRNA reported.

A former ambassador to Syria, he also served as deputy foreign minister from 1981 to 1997.

Mr Sheikholeslam was also one of those involved in the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when students stormed the US embassy in Tehran and took 52 Americans hostage.

Five others known to have died from coronavirus are politicians or government officials, including Mohammad Ali Ramezani, an MP from Gilan.

On 04/03/2020 at 19:40, dorlomin said:

Having done a bit of reading on the hand sanitizer "debate", it seems a gel with about 60% alcohol will do the job 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/election-polling-locations.html

Soap is very good as the disease has a fat covering (not the scientific name for it) that detergent breaks down. That means regularly washing your hands will be a big plus.

As soap seems our best defence I fear this may mean RIP Green Brigade. :( Good night sweet princes

"prionsai", shirley?