Coronavirus (COVID-19)

41 minutes ago, bennett said:

Would be easier to use a trolley. 

She won't be the first and won't be the last person to go to Aldi and realise they don't have a coin for a trolley. 

50 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

She won't be the first and won't be the last person to go to Aldi and realise they don't have a coin for a trolley. 

Get a trolley token or change from a till.

10 hours ago, dorlomin said:

All those people who panic bought bogroll, will  not be buying anymore for quite some time. Other sanitzers and other things people will buy to combat the disease, it will likely have a limited impact on supply over the coming months. Where supplies would be genuinely constrained is if we have a real big outbreak and manufacturing and importing slows. 

Have you ever met people?

On 02/03/2020 at 11:04, Granny Danger said:

We all need follow Mike Pence’s strategy and invoke divine intervention.  You know it makes sense.

B006E7AD-2216-4025-A8E2-F528DCE03EF9.jpeg.fd20e34dc72fcacf8addf19038229ea1.jpeg

Excuse my ignorance but how do these prayers work?  I mean is there any way of finding out what any of these people actually prayed for? 

The reason I ask is that Trump is on his way to Nashville because of an act of God.  Namely a tornado.  At the same time Nashville has also announced an outbreak of Corona virus.

As conspiracies go, if I wanted to get rid of Trump without suspicion - well I am not sure I could do much better.

Edited by Fullerene

Princess Cruises aren't having much luck. After the Diamond Princess was a fertile breeding ground for the disease in Japan, they now have another ship, the Grand Princess, which is now just off the coast near San Francisco but won't be allowed to dock after a passenger who was previously on the ship died from the disease.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/05/health/california-coronavirus-cruise-ship-thursday/index.html

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Princess Cruises aren't having much luck. After the Diamond Princess was a fertile breeding ground for the disease in Japan, they now have another ship, the Grand Princess, which is now just off the coast near San Francisco but won't be allowed to dock after a passenger who was previously on the ship died from the disease.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/05/health/california-coronavirus-cruise-ship-thursday/index.html

Saying on the radio they don't have enough kits to test them all. Bet they put them on Alcatraz.

There has been a lot of talk about "two strains" of the virus. The source was some research that seemed solid but its now getting a bit of air time from the more "excitable" corners of the internet. A team at Glasgow say the original research was flawed. 

http://virological.org/t/response-to-on-the-origin-and-continuing-evolution-of-sars-cov-2/418?fbclid=IwAR23BbxucdiIhy4yNvR5LCE32amzYKk2T0HDqeNQtg5qpowRvwLWXEc_YaA

If you do come across people talking about "L strain coronavirus being more deadly" or something take it with a huge pinch of salt until this is resolved. 

Also 23 Iranian MPs are down with the virus. It may be signs that they are on the brink of a very large outbreak. They have cancelled prayers and are not following Islamic law in burying those with the virus (burying them in lime) so it seems like they are very worried about it.

12 hours ago, philpy said:

Those panic buying idiots need fucking shot before the virus gets anywhere near them.

I think its becoming clearer by the minute that the UK gvt is utterly out of its depth and floundering about cluelessly with regard to this,i can understand why people are looking to themselves even though this will create even more problems