Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:
My horse doesn't like McDonalds

Falkirk McDonalds all have cattle grids for this very reason. Far too many horseback customers carry weapons and challenge their staff.

Just wait until the new Camelon drive thru opens 😮

Seen a few posts earlier about the impact on the NHS if this got out of hand in the UK.

Surely the short term nightmare would actually be a long term plus? The old and infirm are the folk who take up most of the NHS time and money as it is. A wee bout of the Corona and we have the kind of long term savings that middle managers and politicians will probably w**k themselves to death over.

Seen a few posts earlier about the impact on the NHS if this got out of hand in the UK.
Surely the short term nightmare would actually be a long term plus? The old and infirm are the folk who take up most of the NHS time and money as it is. A wee bout of the Corona and we have the kind of long term savings that middle managers and politicians will probably w**k themselves to death over.
If only we could further service the long term gain for the country by pointing it at Tories and No voters......

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

If only we could further service the long term gain for the country by pointing it at Tories and No voters......

I think "Elderly" covers a significant portion of both in Scotland.

11 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Who's going to be buying the Daily Mail next year?

49 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Just go to the Air Asia website and it comes up at the top.

It's possibly a Malaysia-only deal, so you may have to use a VPN to get it from elsewhere.

Here you go. Some details. https://simpleflying.com/airasia-unlimited-flight-pass/

Air Asia BIG members based in Malaysia. So, I'd imagine signing up to become a member and using a VPN to kid on you're in Malaysia would do the trick.

Cheers for info will have a look later but I'm sure they will require a Malaysian address too when registering. Hopefully they may extend it for international customers. Also suspicious of deals to good to be true wonder if they are a wee bit short cash.

32 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Don't take a horse near McDonald's. They'll think it's a delivery for the kitchen.

I'd rather eat horse meat than the stuff that McDonalds serve up. An expensive wee treat it is.

6 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Fingers crossed that the government get the kick in they've had coming for cutbacks to NHS funding for the best part of a decade, that arguably would have seen it better equipped to deal with this.

Aye, Sturgeon might have some explaining to do. Ninewells seriously short of masks apparently.

Mind you, what cutbacks to NHS funding?

https://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/uk_national_healthcare_analysis

In ten years the NHS Budget has risen from £100bn to £150bn, way above inflation and more than any other part of the Public Sector.

You can't say they haven't had budget increases. You might want to ask what it's spent on though. 

Edited by NewBornBairn

2 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Fingers crossed that the government get the kick in they've had coming for cutbacks to NHS funding for the best part of a decade, that arguably would have seen it better equipped to deal with this.

Unfortunately that outcome would most probably result in numerous deaths to lots of innocent people.

While I agree about the Governments arrogance and incompetence, it's a bit of a high price to pay to publicly out them and make people wake up to the fact.

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Aye, Sturgeon might have some explaining to do. Ninewells seriously short of masks apparently.

Don't set Mixu off over the masks again...

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Unfortunately that outcome would most probably result in numerous deaths to lots of innocent people.

While I agree about the Governments arrogance and incompetence, it's a bit of a high price to pay to publicly out them and make people wake up to the fact.

My fingers aren't exactly crossed here. It's a storm that's been brewing due to negligence and indifference and unfortunately as you say, innocent people will be the ones that suffer.

14 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Don't set Mixu off over the masks again...

My fingers aren't exactly crossed here. It's a storm that's been brewing due to negligence and indifference and unfortunately as you say, innocent people will be the ones that suffer.

Yes, can't disagree, especially as I've just spent the last week visiting the major hospital in my area and seeing for my own eyes their lack of staff and basic resources.

Let's just say that it certainly didn't fill me with any confidence for what may lie ahead.

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, can't disagree, especially as I've just spent the last week visiting the major hospital in my area and seeing for my own eyes their lack of staff and basic resources.

Let's just say that it certainly didn't fill me with any confidence for what may lie ahead.

I just hope that every time you use your forum username, you put it into a paper hankie before binning it.