Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I think the people who put these things together usually have an axe to grind, but it's weird how so many people just lap it up. I've lost count of the number of videos on twitter of old Chinese people lying on the ground and the poster claiming this shows someone dying of the coronavirus, as if old people have suddenly stopped falling over for other reasons. 

Fortunately, don’t see much of this stuff here (although some slips through) as the government have brought in a fake news law. A lot of people do not agree with the law as a government could, in theory, push their own agenda. Unlikely as they do have ro debunk things and the pros out weigh the cons given the fact, as you say, people tend to believe or are incapable or rationalising things.

We have had our own special case on this thread posting unqualified drivel (ironic coming from myself, posting drivel about the illness) and its just unbelievable how people don’t seem to realise the obvious (at times people don’t want to realise and have an agenda).

Even with the highlighted fake stories above we have someone now jumping to the conclusion that Indonesia should we riddled with the virus. What evidence is their from the videos that should even be a question? All these videos in Indonesia are from one small province of one island in Indonesia (one of the largest countries in the world) and the idea of the this illness jumping from Bats to humans is not the line of thought (just a simplified line). Eating bat is, yes a little bit bizarre, but is not the source of this illness.

People see what they want to see and people make this shit up for clicks and in some cases to spread malicious rumours to masses that no longer care for factual news, just news that meets their perception.

The dumbing down of people.

Good game

Struggled as well, couldn’t get to the ‘what a shame’ start, but perceived. Sounds like he should only go on holiday to Blackpool or Benidorm where he can get egg and chips and the foreigners speak English.

Kind of liked his appeal to Richard Branson, what would you do and DON’T say stay calm. Then explains what be actually wants.

Been offered to quarantine in Japan for 2 weeks, which I would (safely) assume would be sterile staffed by medical professionals but prefers to stay on board. Deary me

The big three keep marching on and I think the medal places are now unlikely to change.

The sneezing Princess keep the momentum in second place, although Mr Abel points out it these bloody foreigners that are causing the problem and wants Richard Branson to get the Brits to Brize Norten. Rule Britannia, etc, etc.

Little Singapore keep adding to their tally with another three in the bag.

Taiwan put one in the body bag to join the elitist club.

Under claims of match fixing, China still march on towards 100k.

IMG_2170.jpg
IMG_2171.jpg

I only posted it because I knew it was a load of shite. Hence why I qualified the posting with "on the face of it". 

I hardly barged in screaming ERMERGERD THEY ARE KILLING THEIR OWN. 

Fucking condescending twat. 

If your referring to myself, you can stand down.

I wasn’t talking about yourself.

I was referring to the continuous drivel several pages back.

No need to be so touchy.

As you said yourself, you didn’t barge in with daft comments and did say ‘on the face of it’ so why you thought it was about you I am not so sure.

China push on towards the 100k mark which they must surely achieve, with 1800 deaths now reported.

The Sneezing Princess continue their momentous drive to second place. David and Sally Abel must be hanging by a thread as their latest appeal to Richard Branson for special treatment is met with a Virgin Atlantic does not fly to Japan comment from Branson himself.

Surely someone is going to step in and save them from the foreign doctors!

Singapore report two new cases and two cases of another cruise ship.

Most of the reporting now swings to discharges, with many of the first infected in Singapore being discharged now and Indonesia reporting all there quarantined citizens are clear and the wider economical issues.

A virus a day keeps Apple away as they announce they will be missing their first quarter revenues due to the virus. Shame.

The wider economical impact will start to be felt soon.

IMG_2183.jpg
IMG_2184.jpg

Mr and Mrs Abel now confirmed to have coronavirus.
What a shame.
They are now claiming it's a set up and don't actually have the virus (bloody foreigners).

It's difficult to feel sympathy at all for them given the thinly veiled racism evident in their comments so far.

31 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

They are now claiming it's a set up and don't actually have the virus (bloody foreigners).

It's difficult to feel sympathy at all for them given the thinly veiled racism evident in their comments so far.

giphy.gif

Like a cagey world cup final to end a blistering tournament, the coronavirus tournament has truly stagnated and undoubtedly the medal positions are decided. In gold, China keep marching on to 100k, the Sneezing princess are uncatchable in Silver and Singapore punch above their weight into Bronze. It really has been a smashing tournament and we await confirmation of when the next tournament will be. Will it be again hosted from China or will a new country step up for the hosting rights?

Its been quite the tournament, with alleged match fixing from China, unorthodox plays by Thailand, which inevitably worked, claims and counterclaims, zombie apocalypse, Bio weapons and all sorts of utter drivel. That two tubs of butter strapped to your face is a great deterrent and cruises are not all they are cracked up to be. We also learnt about time and timezones and that things change. We have had the tantrums (Arabian Knight - again wasn’t direct at you! See the Bio-weapons and other inane shit for reference) We have discovered theroadlesstravelled username was referring to his brain and some
smashing input from the roving reporters in Thailand and Malaysia and at times some real insight and factual comments.

We now move on to the more serious matters of the pending economic fall out, which will be big and could trigger recession in some places and of course Dave Abels virus and dissatisfaction that neither the government nor Richard Branson would repatriate him because he doesn’t like the food. For reference Dave, if your lactose intolerant, Asia is a great place to be!

I can understand the governments position, to kow tow to one would mean mercy flights to Benidorm and such like on a weekly basis during the summer months.

IMG_2185.jpg
IMG_2186.jpg