Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Moomintroll
Im off to Thailand tomorrow, usual hysterical shite but the Scotsman said no worries which worries me. I've had the flu jab so think I'll be invincible but might get a mask as Bangkok is smogtastic and I want to look like a bit of a bellend.
Going to Phuket on Friday, the pictures of that British Tourist in Intensive Care have cheered me up no fucking end. Think I might stay in India & take my chances with Cholera.

Im off to Thailand tomorrow, usual hysterical shite but the Scotsman said no worries which worries me. I've had the flu jab so think I'll be invincible but might get a mask as Bangkok is smogtastic and I want to look like a bit of a bellend.

If all you come back with from your sex whoring two weeks of Patpong debauchery is the flu you’ll be delighted.

5 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
5 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Going to Phuket on Friday, the pictures of that British Tourist in Intensive Care have cheered me up no fucking end. Think I might stay in India & take my chances with Cholera.

You live in Wales mate your immune system will be stronger than diamonds.

Edited by Sortmeout

I'm not saying I believe them, I just don't understand why they operate like that. The "face" stuff, whilst it is obviously in play, makes absolutely no sense - how stable is the Chinese state when half of them are dead?

Mianzi and its close relation Guanxi are engrained in Asian and Chinese traditions. At times completely unexplainable but there all the same. To not follow the process can and does cause huge issues (mountains out of mole hills).

As bizarre as a lot of what JTS98 is saying its probably mostly on the money.

There is also the likelihood of suppression due to the upcoming huge movement of people for New Year. Yes, logic would suggest to act accordingly as it could lead to a huge spread of the virus. However, under such a political system who would be the person to put their neck on the line and press the panic button. Guaranteed loss of a job and possibly worse.

Wuhan has now shut down their public transport, virtually on the eve on New Year. That can maybe suggest the situation is more drastic then they have been reporting as it will cause utter chaos.

We are talking about a country where many passerby’s are inclined not to help injured people as there are many cases of said person being sued. Makes no sense!

2 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

We are talking about a country where many passerby’s are inclined not to help injured people as there are many cases of said person being sued. Makes no sense!

Yes, I won't post the video, but the toddler that got knocked down with a car.  The car doesn't stop and folk just keep walking passed the child lying on the road.  

Same here to an extent, don't get involved or you could easily be the one people point the finger at. Especially if you are a foreigner. However, I can't help myself. If someone is suffering or in danger I will go over and help, while other folk will just walk passed head down. 

Edited by SlipperyP

16 hours ago, The Moonster said:

What is the good reason?

The Hang Seng and Shanghai stock markets have both fallen significantly over the last couple of days  I suspect it would have been much worse if they admitted to a higher death toll.

2 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

STV reporting 2 people in Scotland being tested for the coronavirus which is scaremongering at it's finest

How? Is it true?

3 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

announcing that they're testing someone for it isn't news unless their positive imo. Just makes people worry.

It's definitely news. It's potentially the biggest story in the world at the moment.

People probably should worry, to be honest. No bad thing if it makes people wash their hands properly, cover their mouths when sneezing and coughing etc.