The 2020 Draft thread.

peasy23

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

I imagine all the top draft picks have been given 32 caps in advance, then just put on the appropriate one. In a video of the Bears' first selection it looks like you can see a Panthers cap in the background.

Yeah.  If you add that with the personal phone call, it's easy to see how they could do it so quickly.  

Know nothing about 3 of our 4 picks last night but I love the Cushenberry pick. That should solidify the middle of the Oline for a good few years.

Lock has plenty of quality fast targets now so we will really see if he is the franchise QB he looked at the end of last season

30 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Hated Da Bears first pick and loved the second one.

Wouldn't be amazed if we traded up into the 4th Round if there was a player (possibly a SS) that we really liked.

Dunno why you hate it, Cole Kmet is gonna be a good one. 

14 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Dunno why you hate it, Cole Kmet is gonna be a good one. 

I hate it on grounds that said position is less of a need. Also feel we could have traded down, still got Johnson at 50, picked up Jones to give (hopefully) Foles a bit of protection and still got Kmet or a TE of similar calibre later in the draft with our extra pick. And then probably had another extra pick further along. So it isn't so much the player I dislike, as the fact that we never seem to use the draft system to our advantage.

How much did we give away to move up for Trubisky again... 🥺

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I'm more than happy to bow to you as I know very little about college football. I was just a twat with an online draft calculator working out what we could get if we traded down!

Hope you're right about Kmet being a good player, if you'd like to cheer me up more can you tell me that Green Bay's selections are rubbish please? 

Yes, don't hate Kmet, so much as think there were better players available, in positions we needed.

Would have preferred to trade down from 43.

Was delighted to get Jaylon Johnson at 50. He was top of my draft board for day 2. I also liked McKinney, but A) He had gone before pick 43 and B) Safety wasn't as crucial for us as CB

13 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Was shocked that the Eagles drafted Hurts. Was he drafted purely to be a backup? Wentz is very good

Yes, he has been drafted to be backup. I think it makes a lot of sense though, Wentz has a patchy record when it comes to injury, so they don't want to be in the position they ended up in last year where you have a Josh McCown type playing in a playoff match. Nick Foles showed how important it is to have a good backup.