The 2020 Draft thread.

peasy23

From what I'm reading most teams are doing quite well, with the Packers being a notable exception.

Bills have gone DE / RB / WR so far, definitely needed more youth at DE and RB means that trading for Fournette is out the picture hopefully. Anything on day 3 is really a lottery ticket, I'd quite like a punter with one of the late picks, Bojorquez isn't very good. Probably OL and CB to be taken as well.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:
Trent Williams traded to the 49ers

In exchange for a 5th Round this year and a 3rd next year. A position the 49ers needed filled so happy enough with that.

Especially with Staley retiring :( 

38 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Matt Brieda traded to the Dolphins for a 5th round pick

Shame to see him go but the Niners have something like 3 or 4 RBs that could start for them.

Shame to see him go but the Niners have something like 3 or 4 RBs that could start for them.
Gutted about Staley, an absolute 49ers legend.

As far as RBS go, the big unknown is still Jerrick McKinnon and if he is ever going to be fit.960x0.jpg

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

From what I'm reading most teams are doing quite well, with the Packers being a notable exception.

Bills have gone DE / RB / WR so far, definitely needed more youth at DE and RB means that trading for Fournette is out the picture hopefully. Anything on day 3 is really a lottery ticket, I'd quite like a punter with one of the late picks, Bojorquez isn't very good. Probably OL and CB to be taken as well.

Gone for a QB3 and a kicker in rounds 5 and 6, still 2 picks to make.

Have to say, I feel like the Cardinals have drafted really really well.

8 Isaiah Simmons LB/S

72 Josh Jones OT

114 Leki Fotu DT

131 Rashard Lawrence DT

202 Evan Weaver LB

222 Eno Benjamin RB

Simmons a value pick at 8, which is quite something, a future starting tackle, beef up the front 7, and a bargain RB in the 7th. Great job.

Lions draft class:

3 Jeff Okudah - CB (Ohio State)
35 D'Andre Swift - RB (Georgia)
67 Julian Okwara - DE (Notre Dame)
75 Jonah Jackson - G (Ohio State)
121 Logan Stenberg - G (Kentucky)
166 Quintez Cephus - WR (Wisconsin)
172 Jason Huntley - RB (New Mexico State)
197 John Penisini - DT (Utah)
235 Jashon Cornell - DT (Ohio State)

Lions draft class:

3 Jeff Okudah - CB (Ohio State)
35 D'Andre Swift - RB (Georgia)
67 Julian Okwara - DE (Notre Dame)
75 Jonah Jackson - G (Ohio State)
121 Logan Stenberg - G (Kentucky)
166 Quintez Cephus - WR (Wisconsin)
172 Jason Huntley - RB (New Mexico State)
197 John Penisini - DT (Utah)
235 Jashon Cornell - DT (Ohio State)
Looks a good draft, although questions about Cephus.

No doubt Swift and Okudah should step in immediately

7 hours ago, Jute said:

Would have liked to have seen 9ers get in a CB but other than that reasonably pleased with players selected given limited number of picks. 

That's the surprising thing from this draft from a Niners PoV. They needed help in the secondary and to not make a single pick there seems odd. Mind you, that secondary got them to the SB so maybe it's not that bad but this season will be tougher what with playing all the 1st placed teams across divisions.

16 minutes ago, Sydney Carton said:

The Patriots draft is a real headscratcher. I can't think of any team that now has a weaker talent group on offense, especially in skill positions.

They must be confident in what they've got.  At running back, they spent a first round pick on Sony Michel, who has shown that he's capable and they've also got the likes of Burkhead and Bolden behind him to mix it up.  Wide receiver, they have the first rounder from last year N'Keal Harry who was injured last season, Mohammad Sani and Edelman.  I honestly don't know anything about their tight ends at all so can't say how they will be.

Their secondary is absolutely rock solid but they have lost their leader in sacks from last season (to my team, no doubt he'll immediately return to being pish). 

I'm kind of curious to see what they do with quarterback, it seems like they'll go into the season with Jarret Stidham as their starter, which seems crazy but maybe they will prove that the scheme matter more than the players.  If I had to put a bet on it though, I'd back the Bills for the division, epeically now they've picked up Diggs.

Nat Coombs pod with a good point - Since Rodgers was selected in the 5th (?) round by GB, 41 QBs have been selected in the first round, 40 were the starter within two seasons. This surely puts Rodgers on the clock...?