The 2020 Draft thread.

peasy23

Dugger was hugely talked about as a prime 2nd round target (we had no first because the Diggs trade) for the Bills as someone who could play "big nickel" and flit between safety and linebacker,  very similar to Thomas Davis who was a key piece of McDermott's Panthers D.  Doubly annoying he's gone to those c***s.

The only other guy talked about in similar terms is Chinn so I wonder if Buffalo will trade up to get him (unless i've missed him getting picked which is quite possible as I'm only following online). If not then it'll be a DE or WR I'd think.

26 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time a drafted player refused to play for a team? I know about John Elway. Surely it must have happened since then but can't remember it every happening while I've been watching.

I don't think it has happened since Eli Manning refused to play for the Chargers. 

50 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time a drafted player refused to play for a team? I know about John Elway. Surely it must have happened since then but can't remember it every happening while I've been watching.

Five first overall picks have refused to play for the team that drafted them. Elway, Bo Jackson and Eli Manning are the most recent.

Elway threatened to play baseball, Bo Jackson signed for the Kansas City Royals.

The other notable case of this happening was in 2004, when the San Diego Chargers selected Eli Manning #1 overall. Manning had stated before the draft that he would not play for the Chargers, so the Chargers had made a deal with the New York Giants. The deal was that San Diego would draft Manning, and New York would draft Philip Rivers and then trade Rivers plus several draft picks to San Diego for Manning. It's somewhat remarkable that they were able to pull off this deal, considering that the New York Giants had the #4 overall pick in the draft. This means there was nothing stopping the #2 or #3 overall picks from taking Philip Rivers and thereby scuttling the deal. But luckily, for all involved, that didn't happen.

Charlie Ward was a Heisman winning QB who said he wouldn't play NFL unless he was picked in the first round. This didn't happen and he went on to play in the NBA.

13 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Never really understood the draft so attempting to watch the first round rerun on Sky Sports just now, kinda going over my head. Don’t understand how the players are sitting in their living rooms not knowing who is going to pick them, the suddenly they are wearing the team’s cap :lol: 

The players get the call before the pick is announced.