The 2020 Draft thread.

peasy23

39 minutes ago, steelmen said:

It’s amazing the amount of people that get paid to mock draft.
I have saw some of them and thought do you know anything about the team your talking about but I guess they need to create a bit of controversy to get clicks and comments

True that. In most cases it is guess work or people just mocking the draft the way they think it should pan out. I could sit at home and do that for money. Nae bother at all. Where do I sign up?

32 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I think if neither of them go to those 2 then you're looking at the patriots and saints for the next possible fits, or maybe even the dolphins or chargers at the top of 2. Could be quite a slide.

That's kinda what I was thinking too. It could throw a lot of teams plans up in the air if one or both slide past the sixth spot.

50 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The Giants will take an OT, it’s just a question if it’s going to be Wirfs, Becton or Wills. I’d take Wirfs

I think it'll be Wirfs. Becton is the real wildcard amongst them, of the top 4 I think he has the highest ceiling but also the lowest floor. I'm going Wirfs to the Giants, Wills to the Cardinals, Thomas to the Browns and Becton to the Bucs.

I think it'll be Wirfs. Becton is the real wildcard amongst them, of the top 4 I think he has the highest ceiling but also the lowest floor. I'm going Wirfs to the Giants, Wills to the Cardinals, Thomas to the Browns and Becton to the Bucs.

Becton is a specimen of a human being, an absolute freak. But like you I’m not sure about him. Out of the 4 best Tackles in the draft he has the biggest bust potential

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Becton is a specimen of a human being, an absolute freak. But like you I’m not sure about him. Out of the 4 best Tackles in the draft he has the biggest bust potential

Definitely. I think he's going to be hampered by the inability of teams to have prospects in for workouts. If teams could put him through his paces then he might well have been the first tackle off the board, but I think ultimately he'll be the fourth.

I'll be watching the full thing. No other sports on so looking forward to it even more than usual.

I'll get some hot takes in just now:

Justin Herbert is a bit of a big diddy and should not be anywhere near the top 5.

Jordan Love will be a bust on the level of Paxton Lynch.

Isaiah Simmons will be a perennial all pro and should be dropping no lower than 4th.

Jonathan Taylor is the best back in the draft and will be a top 10 RB in the NFL next season.

If Fromm ends up on the right team he will be a decent to good starter for 10 years.

I'll be watching the full thing. No other sports on so looking forward to it even more than usual.
I'll get some hot takes in just now:
Justin Herbert is a bit of a big diddy and should not be anywhere near the top 5.
Jordan Love will be a bust on the level of Paxton Lynch.
Isaiah Simmons will be a perennial all pro and should be dropping no lower than 4th.
Jonathan Taylor is the best back in the draft and will be a top 10 RB in the NFL next season.
If Fromm ends up on the right team he will be a decent to good starter for 10 years.

Thoughts on Tua? I think he go’s to the Chargers at 6?

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

The Giants will take an OT, it’s just a question if it’s going to be Wirfs, Becton or Wills. I’d take Wirfs

I have them taking Jedrick Wills on my 'Predict the Pick'.

Having a mule of a time trying to decide where Justin Herbert is going.

Thoughts on Tua? I think he go’s to the Chargers at 6?

If he stays fit I think he'll be a day 1 starter. Could have the best career of any QB in the class. Maybe goes for the hero play a bit too often and holds the ball for too long but I think that can be dialled back.

Was reading that there has been a bit of money going on him to be drafted top 3 and also on the Lions taking him. Wouldn't be surprised if someone trades up to get him.

Seems to be some chat that there is less consensus in this daft than any for ages so should be entertaining.

I think the top 3 is set in stone. Burrow to Cincy, young to Washington and Okudah to Detroit. The Giants could possibly trade back of there is a decent offer. Maybe the the Dolphins to try get Tua or Herbert?

Both the Lions and the Giants are desperate to trade out of the spots they're in. They have both handled the situation very poorly though and have tipped their hand to other teams. Detroit nailed their colours to Matthew Stafford's mast early on, so everyone knew they weren't drafting one of the QB's. Which inevitably meant they wanted out of the #3 spot. The Giants faking interest in Justin Herbert the last couple of days has just been laughable. Nobody is buying that at this late stage. 

It's a shame for both teams but if they do trade down I don't think either of them are going to get the value for their picks that they might have got in other years. 

Edited by The Chief

8 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I think the top 3 is set in stone. Burrow to Cincy, young to Washington and Okudah to Detroit. The Giants could possibly trade back of there is a decent offer. Maybe the the Dolphins to try get Tua or Herbert?

I only have #1 as a dead cert. I think 2 and 3 will be considering their trade options as well. Saw a rumor the other day that the falcons were trying to get up for Okudah. Was probably clickbait, but I'd love to see some moves like that.

Tua is the best QB in the draft. By a mile. 

Watched Pro Football Talk today and the feel they are getting from their contacts is that he might not even go in the top 10 due to question marks over his fitness, rumours are he needs another ankle op. Burrow is a stick on at 1, was impressed by his interview today and seems the Bengals are also very impressed by him. Still some time for some trading to be done, and one of the topics discussed today was the value of a pick this year compared to next year, as it's still unknown what, if any college season there will be in the autumn.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:
5 hours ago, CountyFan said:
Tua is the best QB in the draft. By a mile. 

Watched Pro Football Talk today and the feel they are getting from their contacts is that he might not even go in the top 10 due to question marks over his fitness, rumours are he needs another ankle op. Burrow is a stick on at 1, was impressed by his interview today and seems the Bengals are also very impressed by him. Still some time for some trading to be done, and one of the topics discussed today was the value of a pick this year compared to next year, as it's still unknown what, if any college season there will be in the autumn.

The plot thickens........

Becton failed a drug test at the combine, although it's suspected it was only for cannabis, some teams will mark him down for that as a black mark against how much trust they can put in him, as the players all know well in advance that they are going to be tested.