The Relegation Battle

Here's the table from this time last year- already a lot more compact from 4th down. Queens took 8 points from their last 15 games to end up 9th (not that their fans will need reminding)
image.png.eb1a76a3e1aaa56fdcf466d0ea037c5f.png

Mad that we survived that season, a great escape not really talked about. 14 points behind Queens at that point and somehow finishing above them is absolute madness.

3 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

Mad that we survived that season, a great escape not really talked about. 14 points behind Queens at that point and somehow finishing above them is absolute madness.

Honestly thought we deserved to go down. The most depressing, turgid "football" I think I've ever seen at EEP. Up there with the Potter days. Thanks very much, Falkirk. 

Exactly mate we were by far the better team on opening day and scored a perfectly great goal (Spence) incorrectly ruled out for offside so if anything the Queens were very lucky to get walk away with a point.

It was a close game that really could've went either way. Qots skied a sitter IIRC.

Game was alot more open than the rest of the seasons been. After Inverness and Qots we totally changed the system as other teams were getting too many chances.

No idea what will happen with regards to play style now Hilson and Wighton have come onboard.

8 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Honestly thought we deserved to go down. The most depressing, turgid "football" I think I've ever seen at EEP. Up there with the Potter days. Thanks very much, Falkirk. 

Was with you until you said about Potter. I’m hopeful and fairly confident nothing will ever be as bad as that.

We are terrible right now and I see very few positives going forward but nothing on par with that.

I don't personally think Partick have anything to worry about. 4 solid signings there.

It'll be us, Alloa, Morton and Qots, possibly Dunfermline if they don't pick up soon.

I take this back.

Very underwhelmed today, tough conditions granted but the lads from Celtic and Rangers really didn't look great and McKinnon looked like Jamie Hammill. Wee bald bowling ball.

Graham looked decent though, obviously gifted a goal but did well.

Doubt many expected Alloa, Morton, Arbroath or Dunfermline to pick up points this weekend. 

This league is feckin nuts. Alloa and Morton in top 3 in the form table over the last 6 games says it all. 

No idea how it will end up but I'll guess Queen's bottom, Alloa 9th. 

What I do love is the media obsession for Thistle only for them to be feckin pish! 

Weather was pretty brutal.

Sorry, does Arbroath now exist in some sort of extreme microclimate that the ‘tepid January drivel’ experienced everywhere else in the country no longer covers? This is just complete and utter fucking nonsense.

Sorry, does Arbroath now exist in some sort of extreme microclimate that the ‘tepid January drivel’ experienced everywhere else in the country no longer covers? This is just complete and utter fucking nonsense.

Tbh, there has been seasons when it has been windy most Saturdays, but this has not been the case this season or in fact last season

I really doubt there were too many places as windy as what Gayfield was yesterday.

Gayfield has on the whole been pretty calm this season, Dunfermline at home was the worst it's been, goal kicks coming back to the edge of the box nearly.

And although yesterday wasn't as bad as that it still was a really bad wind.

Anyway you wouldn't know, because you weren't there.

37 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I really doubt there were too many places as windy as what Gayfield was yesterday.

Gayfield has on the whole been pretty calm this season, Dunfermline at home was the worst it's been, goal kicks coming back to the edge of the box nearly.

And although yesterday wasn't as bad as that it still was a really bad wind.

Anyway you wouldn't know, because you weren't there.

Just as well. Would’ve blown him over.

On 22/01/2020 at 17:38, Fuctifano said:

Here's the table from this time last year- already a lot more compact from 4th down. Queens took 8 points from their last 15 games to end up 9th (not that their fans will need reminding)

image.png.eb1a76a3e1aaa56fdcf466d0ea037c5f.png

We're two points worse off this season with a worse goal difference (mostly due to pumpings at Tannadice and Inverness) yet I seem to remember last season as being really awful until Greg Kiltie came on loan.

Lol at Falkirk, though.