The Relegation Battle

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So for Queens to continue to occupy the division they've been in for seventeen of the last eighteen seasons would constitute punching above their weight?

Aye, ok.

Aye, it's almost like football is ever changing. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Arbroath had a very similar budget to QoTS, they've certainly got a higher average attendance and I'd imagine they'll have less expenses that come with maintaining a full time squad. 

AJ consistently had us roughly, sometimes below where our budget placed us in the division, it's not a shock that QoTS who will have one of the lowest budgets in the division and in turn are at the bottom. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, it's almost like football is ever changing. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Arbroath had a very similar budget to QoTS, they've certainly got a higher average attendance and I'd imagine they'll have less expenses that come with maintaining a full time squad. 

AJ consistently had us roughly, sometimes below where our budget placed us in the division, it's not a shock that QoTS who will have one of the lowest budgets in the division and in turn are at the bottom. 

No, it's not a shock that we're in the lower reaches of the table, given the club's stature.

Similarly, it's not remotely true to say we can only stay put this season, by punching above our weight.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

No, it's not a shock that we're in the lower reaches of the table, given the club's stature.

Similarly, it's not remotely true to say we can only stay put this season, by punching above our weight.

Is it not? I'd have Arbroath and QoTS above Alloa but it would be tight. 

And Arbroath didn't vote tory so that makes them a smidgen bigger and better. 

C'est la vie, enjoy the playoff Queens. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Is it not? I'd have Arbroath and QoTS above Alloa but it would be tight. 

And Arbroath didn't vote tory so that makes them a smidgen bigger and better. 

C'est la vie, enjoy the playoff Queens. 

Dumfries didn't vote that way either.

However, it's in a constituency that covers a very large geographical area.

Besides, I don't think we'll make the play-offs this time.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Needing to not finish behind sides like Alloa and Arbroath, requires no punching above our weight.

Sorry, but taking this season on a standalone basis it most certainly does. To believe otherwise is positively Johnstonesque.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Dumfries didn't vote that way either.

However, it's in a constituency that covers a very large geographical area.

Besides, I don't think we'll make the play-offs this time.

And Alloa is  in a SNP led constituency , what on earth is he talking about ?

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Bringing politics into football is as bad as the bigot brothers bringing religion in. Get it to f**k.

QoTS voting in favour of Rangers and Dumfries voting tory is a solid indication that part of the country is full of wrong 'uns IMO. Can't be trusted with votes or defending crosses, no hope. 

8 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Aye , mibbe the bridies,

as boris would say a penny spent in Croydon is better spent there  than in Arbroath .

Surely if we're talking food then smokie is king in Arbroath? 

The bridies are in Forfar, and in turn are a pale, shite imitation of a Stephens Bridie in Dunfermline. 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The bridies are in Forfar, and in turn are a pale, shite imitation of a Stephens Bridie in Dunfermline. 

I had a Forfar bridie once. Well, I say had, I took one bite then got my stomach pumped. Never again. Absolute joke. 

I had a Forfar bridie once. Well, I say had, I took one bite then got my stomach pumped. Never again. Absolute joke. 

Depends where you go.

I used to think they were overrated too then one day my dad picked up a steak one for me in Forfar on his way home from work, absolutely superb.

Ones in the ground are shite.

Smokie in the garden on a nice summers day better though.

56 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Ha yeah i got my angus mixed right up , forfar is of course bridie famous , with you on the Stephens bridie , nae bad at all  .