The Relegation Battle

Well that's incorrect, our win at Inverness was our 19th game of the season. Since then we have been poor and lost to Morton and Alloa which were tight games but worrying we lost both. 

You failed to win any of your previous five league matches before that as well. In the first 13 games of the season Arbroath picked up 20 points: you’ve taken just five points from your last eight games since November 9. That’s quite clearly relegation form and the onus is on Campbell to improve your side to avoid tanking for the rest of the campaign as well.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Ayr United reaching the Premiership play-offs two years in a row would tell you all you need to know about the standard of this division.

They're not a terrible side and they deserve it if they finish top four but should embarrass sides like Dunfermline, Thistle and Morton.

Why Dunfermline?  We have been within a couple of positions since 2014 other than one season where we both did good but in separate leagues. 

I know it may not look like it but our safety very much hinges on what we do between now and next Friday. Losing Forrest and not adequately replacing him or Kerr not getting the other players he wants could hurt us.

Houston signing for us is a big plus as it frees up a loan, next will be bringing in a midfielder or two and a centre half. Then replacing the injured Geggan and potentially Forrest. Will be a very busy week or so for us.
Think you're a bit optimistic about us signing 4, I think we'll get 2 or 3 new signings at most, as long as nobody else leaves. Two midfielders (McShane and Paton) and possibly a last gasp scramble loan replacement for Geggan. If livi do a permanent deal this month then there could be a 4th with Forrest back on loan until end of season.

Think we should have enough to be safe but still not optimistic about us making the play offs. Dundee and Partick have to surely both improve in the second half of the season imo.

Everyone in this championship on there day can beat anyone, The only reason United are running away with it is because of consistency. Caley are absolutely horrendous so god only knows why they are sitting second, so  really anyone from Ayr in 3rd right down to Alloa at the bottom could finish anywhere tbf. If we won last night we are in the promotion play offs but defeat leaves us 3 points Looking the other way lol, Such an incredible tight league with no room for error.

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

If we won last night we are in the promotion play offs but defeat leaves us 3 points Looking the other way lol, Such an incredible tight league with no room for error.

Erm no, you’d have been 5th, one point and inferior goal difference beneath a promotion playoff spot. Do pesky things like facts and reality just take a bypass around the Angus area right now?

13 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Everyone in this championship on there day can beat anyone, The only reason United are running away with it is because of consistency. Caley are absolutely horrendous so god only knows why they are sitting second, so  really anyone from Ayr in 3rd right down to Alloa at the bottom could finish anywhere tbf. If we won last night we are in the promotion play offs but defeat leaves us 3 points Looking the other way lol, Such an incredible tight league with no room for error.

The Caley are clearly the 2nd best team in the league. 

Once we take the lead we're incredibly hard to beat. Two shitshows against Arbroath doesn't change that. 

The Caley are clearly the 2nd best team in the league. 
Once we take the lead we're incredibly hard to beat. Two shitshows against Arbroath doesn't change that. 

I would agree but do you think will January change anything going forward?

A few players seem to be signing up with other teams. Donaldson away.

23 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

You’d hope so, but we still need a good centre back. The thought of O’Ware and Saunders with McGinty as our only cover for the rest of the season isn’t pleasant. Am I right in thinking that we’ve still not kept a clean sheet in the league this season?

In the league, yes. That's quite depressing. 

It's a stunningly awful defence. For the most part I only think Penrice (maybe O'Ware) should stay. 

14 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

I would take that but there is no chance Qots are finishing in the playoffs, they are  absolutely honking 💩💩💩

They are that bad if they win there game in hand they'll go a point off 4th and 3 points off 3rd  place.... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

25 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

I would take that but there is no chance Qots are finishing in the playoffs, they are  absolutely honking 💩💩💩

Uh huh. Sure are. That's why you are yet to score a goal against us and have managed a whole point you were lucky to get off us.

That table incidentally is just a statistical extrapolation of the average points per game each club has by the number of games they have left. It's no more scientific than that. We're nominally 4th if we won games in hand. It takes no account of squad changes though. We're certainly weaker right now than we were on 1st Jan.

Uh huh. Sure are. That's why you are yet to score a goal against us and have managed a whole point you were lucky to get off us.
That table incidentally is just a statistical extrapolation of the average points per game each club has by the number of games they have left. It's no more scientific than that. We're nominally 4th if we won games in hand. It takes no account of squad changes though. We're certainly weaker right now than we were on 1st Jan.

I wouldn't be biting.... however in fairness I really don't think that point in the first game of the season was in any way lucky.

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I wouldn't be biting.... however in fairness I really don't think that point in the first game of the season was in any way lucky.

Exactly mate we were by far the better team on opening day and scored a perfectly great goal (Spence) incorrectly ruled out for offside so if anything the Queens were very lucky to get walk away with a point.