Bairns v Bridies

McKinnon’s dire legacy of woeful performances at home has made a number of players nervous. Once we had that second goal, the nerves just evaporated, and we got the sort of performance that would take apart anyone in this league.

Hopefully this was the game that announced FFC as being back in the room.

McKinnon’s dire legacy of woeful performances at home has made a number of players nervous. Once we had that second goal, the nerves just evaporated, and we got the sort of performance that would take apart anyone in this league.

Hopefully this was the game that announced FFC as being back in the room.

McKinnon has not been manager of our club for some weeks now (thank god). Why would he have anything to do with yesterday’s nervous start?…

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

McKinnon has not been manager of our club for some weeks now (thank god). Why would he have anything to do with yesterday’s nervous start?…

I think the boys point was McKinnon’s negativity has impacted the players confidence and self belief and yesterdays performance will help build it up.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Theyve had any expression of play coached out them, i think if that was a RM game it would be a case of play for a draw and a win being a bonus.  That was the falkirk side we have been missing the past 2/3 seasons.  It might have took M and M a while to get them going but they have to find a style of play they want themselves and get that across to the team.  build on the defence then the attack and then the link up play and yesterday was it all coming together.

Theyve had any expression of play coached out them, i think if that was a RM game it would be a case of play for a draw and a win being a bonus.  That was the falkirk side we have been missing the past 2/3 seasons.  It might have took M and M a while to get them going but they have to find a style of play they want themselves and get that across to the team.  build on the defence then the attack and then the link up play and yesterday was it all coming together.

I think we’ve saw improved play for a number of weeks now so I don’t agree that it’s McKinnon related.
Forfar came out of the blocks with the intention of getting in front early and we were probably a little bit more reluctant with new players on board.
It came together late on but whist I think this team has enough about then to win the division under a decent management team I wouldn’t pass them the defence of a previous manager.
Quite simply, quite a few of them ain’t as good as they think they are....

As much as I want to believe it’s been M&Ms coaching and motivation that caused yesterday’s shagging. I’ll remain sceptical until I see us play our title opponents and teams higher up the league. Beating the teams fighting relegation should be a minimum, the real test for M&M will be getting us to turn results like our draws & defeats against Raith, Airdrie and East fife into wins. We’ve got a big couple months coming up.

As said before, McKinnon would have been happy with us slowing down once the second went in there yesterday, we need to be putting teams to the sword and make sure we continue to have the best GD in the league, might end up making all the difference in May.

Legacy. The players who were in the team under McKinnon were delivering some pretty nervy performances, and it’s not an easy thing to shake off. Results like yesterday go a long way in bringing it to an end.
Pre and post the second goal performances were hugely different as confidence started to flow through the team.

Results like that transfer the pressure to opponents. Very few will see us a side that can be rattled after yesterday’s result. M&M certainly seem to be going about things the right way.

16 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Pot calling the kettle black, methinks.

Uses "of" instead of "have".

Uses "scape goat" instead of "scapegoat".

Uses "atleast" instead of "at least".

Uses "hadnt" instead of "hadn't".

Uses "tues" instead of "Tues".

I'm only a grammar Nazi when somebody is being a p***k to another poster.

If you read further down, no one was being a p***k mate. Simply a misunderstanding, happy Sunday 👍🏻

21 hours ago, Plesslitchie said:

Apologies mate didn't realise you were illiterate,

I'll break it down cos I'm a nice guy. 

You get beat 6-0 and all you have to blame is Doris for being over weight when he hadnt started for us/ got off the bench since Oct 😂 surely the score line reflects a poor overall performance? 

looking forward to our game on tues now 😎 

8 minutes ago, Plesslitchie said:

If you read further down, no one was being a p***k mate. Simply a misunderstanding, happy Sunday 👍🏻

So, calling somebody illiterate isn't being a p***k?

A thought occurred to me at the game. When the fifth went in and instead of Amarillo we got the Hawaii 5-0 theme, do they keep that music ready to play? Is there a button marked "Hawaii 5-0"? How long has that button been untouched? I've been going ten years and can't remember the last time we were 5-0 up.