Bairns v Bridies

4 minutes ago, Plesslitchie said:

Doris will lose it quickly playing regular football, seen it loads throughout the years he'll do a turn. 

your right but sir bobby linn and co will be raring to go

Not sure i would be swapping a guy that scored 14 goals last season for a guy that scored 2 though mate.

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not sure i would be swapping a guy that scored 14 goals last season for a guy that scored 2 though mate.

Money talks I suppose! Doris had just came back from cruciate ligament injury... I'm useless with stats of minutes played etc 

Edited by Plesslitchie

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

Two weeks in a row Durnan has been decent. Hopefully it continues.

Pretty much agree with what everyone else has already said. Thought De Vita’s crosses were very good and were begging to be attacked.

I wouldnt say hes been decent just defence hasnt really been tested today there was a couple of incidences where he ran into players its no the fact he is solid in defence but the guys an accident waiting to happen even when he does go in for a challenge your watching it through your fingers like a horror as how its going to turn out as most of the times he goes in it's like waiting for that inevitable booking am convinced the reason he hasnt been carded is the refs realise hes that special kid that mummy said he was a football player so they let him be one.

Edited by AL-FFC

Referee was a tit. Self-important wee nyaff.
He was bad in general with the look at me stuff, KO taken 3 times was a highlight, but the way he ran right into a Forfar players face to card him had me cringing. Was down the other end in the second half.

Clearly someone who has never taken a hiding to carry on like that to other grown men.

21 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I wouldnt say hes been decent just defence hasnt really been tested today there was a couple of incidences where he ran into players its no the fact he is solid in defence but the guys an accident waiting to happen even when he does go in for a challenge your watching it through your fingers like a horror as how its going to turn out as most of the times he goes in it's like waiting for that inevitable booking am convinced the reason he hasnt been carded is the refs realise hes that special kid that mummy said he was a football player so they let him be one.

Hes been a million miles better than his airdrie debacle thats for sure. If he just keeps it simple hes no as bad as when he starts thinking hes baresi.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Hes been a million miles better than his airdrie debacle thats for sure. If he just keeps it simple hes no as bad as when he starts thinking hes baresi.

Still seen milk turn quicker pretty sure he clashed with a Forfar player in the second half basically ran into him and the pair of them ended on there arse.  I would still drop him for Hall when it comes to next Saturday put Buchanan and Hall in defence, but leave Miller as captain even though Buchanan hasnt done anything to lose it find Miller is more of a leader than Buchanan.

This type of performance is typical of Falkirk in recent years, huff and puff but score a couple goals watch the players bollocks grow and they go on to be players we think they should be.
I’d prefer we jump out the traps and go for teams throats get an early goal or two.

I can't decide between connolly or Miller for MOM. Thought Miller was outstanding today.

Thought Hall started poorly but seemed to settle and come onto a game. Today wasn't really a test though. Nice to see a centre back get a header on target. The other two have both missed tons of chances from set pieces.

I thought Todd too took a while to get up to speed, but hopefully some game time under his belt will help. Looked very decent second half.

De Vita looks a decent player as well. Some nice touches and deliveries. I'd still have Louis ahead of him though.

Doyle had a much better game today. Again, not tested at the back, but going forward his crosses were much better than usual. Hall mentioned in his interview he'd been practicing crossing with him in the week and it has played off. Doyle's engine coupled with good deliveries would be quite a weapon and I could go back to loving him.

Doyle, de vita, connolly and Dixon all put good crosses into the box today. I think MacMillan would have had a field day getting onto them. Instead we had sammon somehow perfecting the technique of jumping downwards when the ball came near him. It's one thing being shit at winning headers from long balls, but being a striker who won't attack a header is a problem. Very little in the way of link up play from him again today too. I don't think it's a totally a coincidence that we started ripping Forfar open when he went off,although they were there for the taking and I thought at half time we might go on to win by 4, despite the first half performance.

23 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

I can't decide between connolly or Miller for MOM. Thought Miller was outstanding today.

Thought Hall started poorly but seemed to settle and come onto a game. Today wasn't really a test though. Nice to see a centre back get a header on target. The other two have both missed tons of chances from set pieces.

I thought Todd too took a while to get up to speed, but hopefully some game time under his belt will help. Looked very decent second half.

De Vita looks a decent player as well. Some nice touches and deliveries. I'd still have Louis ahead of him though.

Doyle had a much better game today. Again, not tested at the back, but going forward his crosses were much better than usual. Hall mentioned in his interview he'd been practicing crossing with him in the week and it has played off. Doyle's engine coupled with good deliveries would be quite a weapon and I could go back to loving him.

Doyle, de vita, connolly and Dixon all put good crosses into the box today. I think MacMillan would have had a field day getting onto them. Instead we had sammon somehow perfecting the technique of jumping downwards when the ball came near him. It's one thing being shit at winning headers from long balls, but being a striker who won't attack a header is a problem. Very little in the way of link up play from him again today too. I don't think it's a totally a coincidence that we started ripping Forfar open when he went off,although they were there for the taking and I thought at half time we might go on to win by 4, despite the first half performance.

I think McManus was trying to hard to get a goal today the one where he only had the keeper to beat rather than cross it to Louis being the main one that stood out but after it he backheeled it for Connellys goal,  Sammon is a bit of an enigma i think McMillan and McManus work better than Sammon and McManus.

I think McManus was trying to hard to get a goal today the one where he only had the keeper to beat rather than cross it to Louis being the main one that stood out but after it he backheeled it for Connellys goal,  Sammon is a bit of an enigma i think McMillan and McManus work better than Sammon and McManus.
100%

If only MacMillan could cut out the stinking games and play to his potential more often...

5 hours ago, Plesslitchie said:

Hilson couldn't of saved your mob today... but let's scape goat the slightly over weight one who hasn't started a game since Oct 😂  I atleast hope you managed to tire out that mob slightly for us on Tuesday 😎

5 hours ago, Plesslitchie said:

Apologies mate didn't realise you were illiterate,

I'll break it down cos I'm a nice guy. 

You get beat 6-0 and all you have to blame is Doris for being over weight when he hadnt started for us/ got off the bench since Oct 😂 surely the score line reflects a poor overall performance? 

looking forward to our game on tues now 😎 

Pot calling the kettle black, methinks.

Uses "of" instead of "have".

Uses "scape goat" instead of "scapegoat".

Uses "atleast" instead of "at least".

Uses "hadnt" instead of "hadn't".

Uses "tues" instead of "Tues".

I'm only a grammar Nazi when somebody is being a p***k to another poster.

With our forward line, it seems to just be an endless cycle of whoever comes off the bench out of Sammon or McMillan looking better. Neither of them ever seem to nail down the place from the start.

Would like to see us at least try Louis up front with McManus.

With our forward line, it seems to just be an endless cycle of whoever comes off the bench out of Sammon or McMillan looking better. Neither of them ever seem to nail down the place from the start.

Would like to see us at least try Louis up front with McManus.
With the additions of Todd and De Vita we have enough cover in midfield to push Louis up top. I'd definitely give that a try as neither Sammon or McMillan are capable of holding down that spot at the moment

8 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Some good play from McManus for the 4th goal also, keeper is spending that much time trying to get McManus off his toes that he fluffs a header that’s right at him.

Great backheel for Connolly aswell, love that man.

Miller is great at breaking things up keeping the team ticking over but his distribution ain’t great in fact at times is is awful.

Agree with much of what has been said. Was impressed with Hall (the ability to direct a header rather than Buchanan and Durnan's 'anywhere will do' attitude was refreshing and we finally scored from some set pieces as a result). Promising debut for Todd as well, a bit more match sharpness and he could be an excellent addition. Felt sorry for the Forfar keeper who made some great saves throughout and stopped it being double figures, agreed that Connolly was MotM and good to see Longridge back and quickly up to speed. All in all a good afternoons work with a couple of players rested for the game against Arbroath on Tuesday 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876