Bairns v Bridies

Second half was fantastic probably best we’ve played this season imo. Forfar though are fucking horrific ‘keeper aside, they offered nothing in that game and probably one of the worst teams I’ve seen come to TFS. Genuinely felt sorry for McCallum at the end he had a great game and stopped the score being even more embarrassing. He made 2 incredible saves 1 in each half and another really good save second half from McManus.

The last 20 minutes we really turned it on and showed what we are capable of. Ben Hall showing Buchanan how it’s done and getting a couple of goals on his debut, Connolly had probably his best game for us and Gary Miller again strolling and dominating midfield. Really impressed with Todd as well that turn and run in the second half to win the free-kick for the 2nd goal was fantastic.

Oh and Louis[emoji7]. Played 15 minutes and got himself another 2 assists, really should’ve got a goal as well if McManus has squared it. But the way he ripped the pish for the last goal was just beautiful.

Forfar fighting it with Stranraer to be the worst team.

I reckon McCracken could've played today and we would've kept a clean sheet.

Todd and Hall had decent debuts, the subs looked hungry too.

I was surprised to see our goal difference +31, perhaps apathy towards this league doesn't have me studying the table.

Bring on Arbroath

Got to admit Forfar tried to make a game of it first 20 mins, but in all honesty MoM for Forfar would have been their keeper didnt deserve to be on the end of a 6 nil gubbing but he pulled off some saves.

Falkirk well where the f**k did that come from, Forfar made it hard to break down but it was going to happen at some stage and when the collapse did  happen, think McManus knew he wasnt going to get a goal today after he didnt square for Louis but his back heel for Connollys first goal in fact both of Connollys goals were class.  Thought the new signings were great today Todd as well as Hall.  

Miller is a must keep for next season sorry to Buchanan but i would keep Miller as Captain drop Durnan replace with Hall.  On the basis of today we showed the makings of a decent Falkirk side.  but Todd and Hall definitely made an impact, if DeVita cant last the full 90 mins i would use him and Gomis in a rota.  Not going to even insult Forfar as the 6 goals didnt do them justice and they made us work for them (hard to break down) but Mutch wasnt tested at all.

Edited by AL-FFC

Let’s not forget we scored 5 in the last 18 minutes. Up to the second goal we were not great. The goal broke their resistance and our confidence soared. It was a good watch the last 20.

Todd better of the two newbies IMO only because Hall was not tested.

Forfar were well organised but offered nothing going forward. Ross Forbes who was a decent player in his day just moaned for 90 minutes

Let’s not forget we scored 5 in the last 18 minutes. Up to the second goal we were not great. The goal broke their resistance and our confidence soared. It was a good watch the last 20.

Todd better of the two newbies IMO only because Hall was not tested.

Forfar were well organised but offered nothing going forward. Ross Forbes who was a decent player in his day just moaned for 90 minutes
Its hard to judge when a capitulation happens like that I agree but there are things I think you can take from it. Todd looking good, and Aidan Connolly looking to take more responsibility and forcing his way in to the team being two for me. He (winger cliche) often finds himself peripheral but of late, he seems to have gotten more direct and focused on his end product.

3 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Docherty and Irvine in the middle of the park, Jesus wept. They really are untouchable

Whats with Docherty constantly bollocking Bain?

He was pointing and moaning at everybody and yet he was your worst player, I'm surprised somebody didn't hook him!

Edited by Super Tuesday

Guest bernardblack
Whats with Docherty constantly bollocking Bain?
He was pointing and moaning at everybody and yet he was your worst player, I'm surprised somebody didn't hook him!

That’s all he does really.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Swapping hilson for fatboy doris is like basically saying we give up.

Hilson couldn't of saved your mob today... but let's scape goat the slightly over weight one who hasn't started a game since Oct 😂  I atleast hope you managed to tire out that mob slightly for us on Tuesday 😎

10 minutes ago, Plesslitchie said:

Hilson couldn't of saved your mob today... but let's scape goat the slightly over weight one who hasn't started a game since Oct 😂  I atleast hope you managed to tire out that mob slightly for us on Tuesday 😎

What the feck are u on about?  

Dull 1st half, some decent crosses into box tho, constantly caught offside  with long ball approach. 2nd half much better when ball on deck , passing & movement of  ball had them all over the place. Very impressed by Todd hopefully will get even better with game time .Hall & De Vita also look good additions for the run in.Think full time showed in the end. Post +bar & some unbeleiveable goalkeeping kept this game from hitting double figures

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What the feck are u on about?  

Apologies mate didn't realise you were illiterate,

I'll break it down cos I'm a nice guy. 

You get beat 6-0 and all you have to blame is Doris for being over weight when he hadnt started for us/ got off the bench since Oct 😂 surely the score line reflects a poor overall performance? 

looking forward to our game on tues now 😎 

Just now, Plesslitchie said:

Apologies mate didn't realise you were illiterate,

I'll break it down cos I'm a nice guy. 

You get beat 6-0 and all you have to blame is Doris for being over weight when he hadnt started for us/ got off the bench since Oct 😂 surely the score line reflects a poor overall performance? 

looking forward to our game on tues now 😎 

When did we get beat 6 0? Are u care in the community or just clueless as you've totally lost me here. Again what the feck are u on about?

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

When did we get beat 6 0? Are u care in the community or just clueless as you've totally lost me here. Again what the feck are u on about?

Mistaken you for a forfar fan... still getting to grips with technology 🙈 over 60s and internet shouldn't be allowed so grandkids tell me... my point was surely Doris ain't a scapegoat for a shite Forfar performance 

Just now, Plesslitchie said:

Mistaken you for a forfar fan... still getting to grips with technology 🙈 over 60s and internet shouldn't be allowed so grandkids tell me... my point was surely Doris ain't a scapegoat for a shite Forfar performance 

Certainly wasnt his fault they lost 6 0. Still feel though that forfar are committing suicide swapping a fit hilson for a clearly unfit doris when their battling for league survival at the moment.  Great result for your team today . Glad hilson and wighton cant play tuesday as they may have made the difference from the first tie.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Certainly wasnt his fault they lost 6 0. Still feel though that forfar are committing suicide swapping a fit hilson for a clearly unfit doris when their battling for league survival at the moment.  Great result for your team today . Glad hilson and wighton cant play tuesday as they may have made the difference from the first tie.

Doris will lose it quickly playing regular football, seen it loads throughout the years he'll do a turn. 

your right but sir bobby linn and co will be raring to go