QP v Albion Rovers

18 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Shirts out; no discussion.

I thought tucked in shirts was a disciplinary issue at Hampden!

On a serious note I think it’s a pretty good tradition to have and the hooped shirt looks a so much better that way.

4 hours ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

As others have said, it was a classic game of two halves. QP were very nervous in the first half with lots of silly mistakes, and our strikers worked incredibly hard to put their back line under pressure, completing two very tidy finishes.

Second half, the real QP turned up and outclassed us. We had no answer in midfield and would have been better with statues at full back for all they stopped crosses going into the box. Yet, we could have won it with a penalty but the normally ever-reliable Byrne hit a poor one. He was our best player for me, and has a smashing season, so we'll not hold it against him.

I'd have grabbed a draw before hand, and it was probably fair. However, throwing away two goal leads in never an easy watch, and worse with a penalty miss on top.

Agree wholeheartedly. Summed up our season as we lack the killer instinct. I would have taken a draw also but disappointed we didn’t sneak it- a draw was probably fair in the end. We played better the last 5 minutes without Lynas - I really don’t rate the guy.

As for the two pens I thought the QP one was dubious - the collision looked to be shoulder to shoulder. For me Byrne has got to blast that down the middle , in the end it was poorly taken although maybe Im being a bit harsh.

First half was a decent performance since we had a two week layoff and first game since the Stirling debacle. Scally was excellent again, McAllister had a good debut , save of the season from Goody.

As for the two pens I thought the QP one was dubious - the collision looked to be shoulder to shoulder.

I’d agree with that but it came shortly after a stonewaller right in front of goal when Moore got barged in the back. Anywhere also on the pitch it was a foul. That would have resulted in a red card had it been awarded as a pen.

On 25/01/2020 at 18:54, Lesser Is More said:

Not just saying, but I had a feeling we were going to get back into this. Much better in the second half. We were helped by Rovers fading right out of things apart from the pen. Lots of effort from everyone I have to say.

Arrived at the Clockwork to find it closed. Any one know why?

Why were you at the Clockwork? You should have been in the social club.

17 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Why were you at the Clockwork? You should have been in the social club.

The club was pretty busy after the game on Saturday and was a good atmosphere but that might change if certain folk keep complaining  to bar staff about supporters making noise and enjoying themselves. We might find more of our fans heading off to the Clockwork  

The club was pretty busy after the game on Saturday and was a good atmosphere but that might change if certain folk keep complaining  to bar staff about supporters making noise and enjoying themselves. We might find more of our fans heading off to the Clockwork  

That’s sad to hear. The supporters club should have a welcoming atmosphere, it’s going to need to be an important revenue stream in future years. We don’t want to push people off to other pubs.

31 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

That’s sad to hear. The supporters club should have a welcoming atmosphere, it’s going to need to be an important revenue stream in future years. We don’t want to push people off to other pubs.

Think it was just someone pissed off they didn't get their favourite seat for a change   

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

A few simple improvements could see the social club thriving. It'll be easier to make it a hub when it's part of the stadium. More varied drinks selections, jukebox etc. Could make the upstairs bar into a pool/darts type area as well.

7 minutes ago, an86 said:

A few simple improvements could see the social club thriving. It'll be easier to make it a hub when it's part of the stadium. More varied drinks selections, jukebox etc. Could make the upstairs bar into a pool/darts type area as well.

Everything we thought it was going to be when it was originally built. Sadly it was designed by folk who hardly used the old one and have hardly used this one.  We make the best of it though with the supporters' association & supporters' football team running social events every month or so.  It has bags more potential though

6 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Everything we thought it was going to be when it was originally built. Sadly it was designed by folk who hardly used the old one and have hardly used this one.  We make the best of it though with the supporters' association & supporters' football team running social events every month or so.  It has bags more potential though

I suppose we'll probably be using upstairs for hospitality. Can still maybe use the space better downstairs. 

I have no doubts the social will be busier when we move to Lesser.  Bigger bar area with a jukebox etc needs to be planned in. The social club as it is far outweighs any social club in L1 or L2 . Although, it has so much more potential.   

I also think advertisement could be better. I never see QP social media highlighting the food options or offering alcohol cheaper than it's competitors (Clockwork etc.). It's the same post as all the other clubs "the bar will be open" we can do better than that!

Edited by QPSpider1867

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Maybe they could build a Snug into the new stadium design. Have a Jack and Victor sing-a-long.

Looked decent game on the highlights, I always thought the rovers keeper lacked height for goalkeeper but got to say, what a save that was, well worth replaying a couple times, the goalkeeping very poor for the rovers 2nd goal i think, should be stronger from that type of angle, Queens Park are really easy on the eye with the passing at times, seems to be the defending it's their undoing, a lot of teams in the league have that issue, of being very decent going forward but poor at times defensively, im sure it will be tough game for us at weekend.