QP v Albion Rovers

Word from the hood...Ross MacLean. Midfielder/Winger. Ex Motherwell, Morton (loan) and currently Falkirk.

https://gmfc.net/2018/06/20/motherwell-forward-maclean-joins-on-loan/

Falkirk sign Motherwell's Ross MacLean and St Mirren's Ian McShane https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46748659

Played at a decent level. Consensus from the guys I know who've seen him play at other clubs is that he's a handy enough player. Would be happy if we got Burns in, plus one or two others just to give the squad a bit more weight and quality. 

The guy's got a lot of weight on his shoulders. Everyone of the squad will be measuring him as full-time pro standard and deciding whether he's better than them or not. Think his contract was due up next month too so a new breath of wind for him. Not wholly convinced myself about yet another utility player. Could do with some precision in one or two areas. Good luck Ross.

Revised forecast. QP 2-0. Maclean 25 yard howitzer 2nd min. Wharton og 95th min.

7 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The guy's got a lot of weight on his shoulders. Everyone of the squad will be measuring him as full-time pro standard and deciding whether he's better than them or not. Think his contract was due up next month too so a new breath of wind for him. Not wholly convinced myself about yet another utility player. Could do with some precision in one or two areas. Good luck Ross.

Revised forecast. QP 2-0. Maclean 25 yard howitzer 2nd min. Wharton og 95th min.

Sorry to disappoint you Bro but Rovers have signed on loan ex-QP Nicholas McAllister. Ex-players coming back to haunt etc etc.

On a serious note QP are fairly splashing the old cash now.

1 hour ago, Vodka Vic said:

Sorry to disappoint you Bro but Rovers have signed on loan ex-QP Nicholas McAllister. Ex-players coming back to haunt etc etc.

On a serious note QP are fairly splashing the old cash now.

He is one of the reasons that we went Pro. We should have got about £20,000 for him when he left to go to St.Mirren .Lost four altogether at the end of last season, worth about £90,000 for the four of them. However just received £50,000 for wee Reagan from Newcastle plus another £130,000 from Dundee Utd for Andy boy towards the tale end of last year so got to spend the money somehow. As long as it is wisely.

We lost that game because we started slow, lost two goals early, Rovers parked the bus and we didn’t have enough to break them down.

Reverse that sequence of events and we can win.
No you lost that game because we ran rings round you and your keeper put in a performance you only see a couple times a year

3 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:
On 22/01/2020 at 15:16, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We lost that game because we started slow, lost two goals early, Rovers parked the bus and we didn’t have enough to break them down.

Reverse that sequence of events and we can win.

No you lost that game because we ran rings round you and your keeper put in a performance you only see a couple times a year

For a bit, certainly. But you barely crossed the halfway line in the second half. But let's see how it all looks at teatime. Hope you all enjoy what might be your last trip to the big Hampden. Enjoy the game. 

image.png.ce628d6ad5f8cfd7c19f2b54eeadd5b8.png

18 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

For a bit, certainly. But you barely crossed the halfway line in the second half. But let's see how it all looks at teatime. Hope you all enjoy what might be your last trip to the big Hampden. Enjoy the game. 

image.png.ce628d6ad5f8cfd7c19f2b54eeadd5b8.png

The only stat that mattered was 2-0. They could have scored five in the first half. Can't recall us being in any danger of getting back into the game. The quality of what they did was far superior to the quantity of wildly speculative off target digs we had. They pumped us and then saw it out solidly. It was probably the worst performance I've ever seen from us at Cliftonhill, including the team of kids who lost on the final day of 13/14.

I'd be absolutely delighted if we reversed the performances today. In fact, I'd be disappointed if we only went in 2-0 up if we do to them what they did to us in the first half at Cliftonhill. 

The only stat that mattered was 2-0. True.

They could have scored five in the first half. But didn’t.

Can't recall us being in any danger of getting back into the game. They spent almost all the second half at their end.

The quality of what they did was far superior to the quantity of wildly speculative off target digs we had. 8 shots on target.

They pumped us and then saw it out solidly. True.

Confident it’ll be different today. I’ll eat your hat if I’m wrong.