QP v Albion Rovers

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I have no doubts the social will be busier when we move to Lesser.  Bigger bar area with a jukebox etc needs to be planned in. The social club as it is far outweighs any social club in L1 or L2 . Although, it has so much more potential.   

I also think advertisement could be better. I never see QP social media highlighting the food options or offering alcohol cheaper than it's competitors (Clockwork etc.). It's the same post as all the other clubs "the bar will be open" we can do better than that!

I'd like to take this opportunity, once again, to bang the Tennent's Lager drum. 

Looked decent game on the highlights, I always thought the rovers keeper lacked height for goalkeeper but got to say, what a save that was, well worth replaying a couple times, the goalkeeping very poor for the rovers 2nd goal i think, should be stronger from that type of angle, Queens Park are really easy on the eye with the passing at times, seems to be the defending it's their undoing, a lot of teams in the league have that issue, of being very decent going forward but poor at times defensively, im sure it will be tough game for us at weekend.

I was about to respond mate then thought we better start a thread. Poor Rovers fans will be thinking there’s something worth reading here! [emoji23]

2 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

Looked decent game on the highlights, I always thought the rovers keeper lacked height for goalkeeper but got to say, what a save that was, well worth replaying a couple times, the goalkeeping very poor for the rovers 2nd goal i think, should be stronger from that type of angle, Queens Park are really easy on the eye with the passing at times, seems to be the defending it's their undoing, a lot of teams in the league have that issue, of being very decent going forward but poor at times defensively, im sure it will be tough game for us at weekend.

Thought your comments very fair. I too thought Muir took up a strange position for Rovers' second. He does not command the six yard box as I would like but he pulled off a magnificent save from their penalty and overall had a very competent game.

9 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Merciless 5-1 win for QP Strollers over the Rovers reserves in the Reserve League Cup at Lesser tonight.

Yes, a lot of players out to prove a point. Strong team with Grant, Gibson, Little and Clark at the back, and a midfield that included Main, Purdue and Alfie with Mcquire up front. He scored 2 with Purdue one an OG and not sure who I'm afraid.

It might be the goalkeepers' union talking here ( still paying my dues ) but I think we're picking holes if we're gonna have a go at Muir for the second goal on Saturday. The defending in front of him was a shambles, he was left totally exposed, and probably in two minds after the first goal whether to rush out and narrow the angle or stay back on his line. Cute finishes for both goals imo

22 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

It might be the goalkeepers' union talking here ( still paying my dues ) but I think we're picking holes if we're gonna have a go at Muir for the second goal on Saturday. The defending in front of him was a shambles, he was left totally exposed, and probably in two minds after the first goal whether to rush out and narrow the angle or stay back on his line. Cute finishes for both goals imo

Agreed. Had a shaky wee spell, but he's back to his best. Certainly gained us points in recent weeks. Hopefully our number one as the new era takes shape. 

Neither goal was his fault on Saturday but we have lost a few from dead balls into the six yard box. Is it not a Union rule that’s the goalie’s manor? Especially at crosses.

See if it changes with different centre backs in front of him. The pen save was world class. See Pele v Gordon Banks on youtube if you don’t believe me.

Neither goal was his fault on Saturday but we have lost a few from dead balls into the six yard box. Is it not a Union rule that’s the goalie’s manor? Especially at crosses.

See if it changes with different centre backs in front of him. The pen save was world class. See Pele v Gordon Banks on youtube if you don’t believe me.

Willies a good shot stopper and leader. He’s very vocal which is a key attribute in a keeper. He doesn’t demand his 6 yard box though. The defending was really poor against Killie but a couple dead balls flashed across him and they were well within his area. It happens in L2 as well.

Saying that, Craig Gordon couldn’t come and collect the high ball from Sterling to Kane in the 2-2 game at Hampden. Even though the ball was in the air for approx 20 seconds. So maybe it’s harder than it looks. (No I won’t get over that day)

Guest Rob Roy no 1

Watched the reserves on Monday night against Albion and noticed Kyle Doherty an old queens player playing for rovers think queens will be happy they got rid  as he looked a big dumpling giving away a penalty.