QP v Albion Rovers

No idea what that first half was about. Absolutely pathetic from us. Much better in the second, but even then we've still got more in our locker than we showed. Tremendous save by Muir at the penalty and Maclean looks a player. We'll undoubtedly be the happier side. 

Although not the result I wanted it was pleasing to again see us have the strength to come from behind and tough out a point. Pleased with the new signings. I thought they all brought something extra to the party. More to come next week I hear. Once we have a more "normal" defence restored I think we will have the makings of a decent side to challenge the play off spot.

First half was absolutely pathetic, similar if not worse than the fixture at Cliftonhill. Foy, Mortimer and Joffrey were having nightmares throughout the half in particular. However, what a difference in the 2nd half, players upped the intensity considerably and there was a real desire to get at Rovers. Thought MacLean was the best player for us by a mile. Extremely direct, can beat a man and his delivery for Galt’s goal was fantastic. Grant aswell looks to be a very solid addition, constantly organising and shouting at the team which is something we’ve severely lacked this season. I’d imagine he’ll be even better when Jamieson returns as we really do miss him big time. Special mention to Willie Muir, wouldn’t swap him for any keeper in the league 

Although not the result I wanted it was pleasing to again see us have the strength to come from behind and tough out a point. Pleased with the new signings. I thought they all brought something extra to the party. More to come next week I hear. Once we have a more "normal" defence restored I think we will have the makings of a decent side to challenge the play off spot.

Everything he said.

Not just saying, but I had a feeling we were going to get back into this. Much better in the second half. We were helped by Rovers fading right out of things apart from the pen. Lots of effort from everyone I have to say.

Arrived at the Clockwork to find it closed. Any one know why?

33 minutes ago, Lesser Is More said:

Not just saying, but I had a feeling we were going to get back into this. Much better in the second half. We were helped by Rovers fading right out of things apart from the pen. Lots of effort from everyone I have to say.

Arrived at the Clockwork to find it closed. Any one know why?

The Clockwork is closed for a refurb I think 

As for the game, I didn’t think I would see a first half as bad as Cliftonhill again this season but we decided to do it all over again. Both goals were well taken but it was particularly annoying to see us decide that we wanted to give away goals from our own set pieces never mind the oppositions. 10 seconds after an attacking free kick for us we go one nil down ffs.

Good debuts from each of the new signings but there still seems to be a real nervousness about the players at Hampden. Cammy Foy in particular had a nightmare today unfortunately.

Seemingly up to 3 more signings next week. Really hope an experienced central midfielder is among them.

There's something about shirts in or out. I don't give a fig, but I'm pretty new on the scene.

I just wondered, when do the new guys graduate to shirts oot?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/tradition-is-everything-for-queen-s-park-after-150-years-1-4498630

It’s a myth. Amateurs chose to wear the shirt out when professionalism started and pro clubs dictated shirts in to look smarter but it’s never been a rule. Some of the bigger “personality” players did as they pleased. Mo Johnston and Jim Baxter spring to mind.

Perhaps the myth was shared with the newbies but more likely they’re just used to tucking themselves in. Some players believe a loose shirt exposes a pull easier but that doesn’t seem to matter to refs anyway.

As long as they can play a bit I wouldn’t care if the shirt was tied around the waist.

Great comeback by the way. This second half recovery thing is exciting but I’d still prefer playing like that from the start.

As already said the first half was an embarrassment, the second half was an improvement however there is obviously much room for improvement and I'm sure McKinnon has an even better idea of what is required. Believe that Ross MacLean could definitely help as he has genuine pace and appears to be happy to get to the byline and cross the ball which should cause opposition defences an issue. On a sadder note will be surprised if Mortimer or Foy start a game for the first team again. Good servants for the club but limited (in Foy's case definitely not helped by injuries) and now turning semi pro I imagine the club will be much more hard headed and both will be released at the end of the season.

We were dead and buried at halftime and that was eight goals I'd seen conceded by our defence without reply in a week. Top fightback in the second half although we have Willie Muir to thank for that penalty save and the point. Ross McLean deserved man of the match, Grant and Davidson look handy and there's a prospect of a couple more new faces coming in. A lot of hard work still required but I'm beginning to feel a bit more hopeful than I felt last Sunday.  If anyone thinks that the move to professionalism wasn't required then look at how we've struggled against fellow bottom place candidates Stenhousemuir and Albion Rovers this month. Cowden will be better than that so a step up from Queen's will be required next week. Looking forward to it!

As others have said, it was a classic game of two halves. QP were very nervous in the first half with lots of silly mistakes, and our strikers worked incredibly hard to put their back line under pressure, completing two very tidy finishes.

Second half, the real QP turned up and outclassed us. We had no answer in midfield and would have been better with statues at full back for all they stopped crosses going into the box. Yet, we could have won it with a penalty but the normally ever-reliable Byrne hit a poor one. He was our best player for me, and has a smashing season, so we'll not hold it against him.

I'd have grabbed a draw before hand, and it was probably fair. However, throwing away two goal leads in never an easy watch, and worse with a penalty miss on top.

QPTV highlights. MacLean cross was excellent (more Robertson than De Bruyne) but a mention for Sal’s reverse pass before it too surely. Willie nutmegged twice [emoji23] Rovers keeper’s save from Moore was Banks-like.

Good game from two committed teams. Rovers miles better than this time a year ago.