QP v Albion Rovers

We're not going to be judged on games against Premiership opposition, thankfully. Hopefully just draw a line under it and try to find the page we finished on at Ainslie Park. 

We've not picked up enough points against teams around us and that's something that has to change. Consistency has been an enormous problem. We could do with a couple of quality players in this month, otherwise I think any talk of pushing for 4th is wishful thinking. We'll be in the market, but it really depends on what's available and if it'll improve us. 

We're due a performance against Rovers, so let's hope it comes on Saturday. 

48 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Central defence is weak due to injuries but I would be disappointed if we did not pick up all three points. Concentration and playing the ball on the ground will win the day.

I'd hope we could kick on and maintain the league momentum. However, it's not long ago that Rovers gave us a bit of a chasing. They'll know we have weaknesses to exploit.

I expect a tight game and any sort of win will do me. Doesn't necessarily have to be with any great style. We could pretty much guarantee safety in the next few weeks if we can get some wins on the board. That's got to be the only priority. 

Not sure I'm buying this "if we do xyz we'll win." I think a possible "turn up and we'll get a result" attitude was part of our downfall on the back of a couple of good results before Cliftonhill last time. There's very little between teams in this league. 

Edited by an86

Not sure I'm buying this "if we do xyz we'll win." I think a possible "turn up and we'll get a result" attitude was part of our downfall on the back of a couple of good results before Cliftonhill last time. There's very little between teams in this league. 

We lost that game because we started slow, lost two goals early, Rovers parked the bus and we didn’t have enough to break them down.

Reverse that sequence of events and we can win.

19 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We lost that game because we started slow, lost two goals early, Rovers parked the bus and we didn’t have enough to break them down.

Reverse that sequence of events and we can win.

Not saying we can't or won't, but we've taken one point off Rovers and we got away with that a wee bit as well. I expect a tough game. 

In my opinion, we lost that game because they were better than us in every area of the pitch apart from goalkeeper, who saved us from one of the biggest pastings we'd ever have had at Cliftonhill. 

8 minutes ago, an86 said:

Not saying we can't or won't, but we've taken one point off Rovers and we got away with that a wee bit as well. I expect a tough game. 

In my opinion, we lost that game because they were better than us in every area of the pitch apart from goalkeeper, who saved us from one of the biggest pastings we'd ever have had at Cliftonhill. 

Indeed

The earlier post is a particularly odd take on a game in which we were played off the park and deserved absolutely nothing from

20 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Maybe you missed the second half...

image.png.ce628d6ad5f8cfd7c19f2b54eeadd5b8.png

Aye, first half we were pish but Rovers were good. Second half we were better but Rovers defended brilliantly.  So they attacked well in the first half, then defended well in the second. The foundations for any victory so it was well deserved.

I'll not be confident about winning this one until we successfully defend their first cross ball into the box. I'm still having 'mares about Rugby Park 

Edited by Mick1867

5 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Think club is waiting to announce new signing. Wanting it to be one if our players that is announced as our first professional contract. 

Didn't they already announce that or was it just the offers? 

1 hour ago, Chester Desmond said:

If it was just offers then that photo they released last week becomes increasingly peculiar.  

So, it looks likely that we're waiting on players changing from amateur to pro (which they mainly will, unless leaving) before announcing a signing that we know has signed, but won't name? The more things change, the more they stay the same!