Royal Rumble 2020

JamieStevenson

The road to WrestleMania 36 starts here with Royal Rumble! It will take place on Sunday January 26th 2020 and will be following the 2 hour Kickoff Show (10PM), 5 hour main card format (Midnight). This year it is the 33rd instalment of Royal Rumble and held at the Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas. As I'm sure everybody is aware, the winners of the Royal Rumble matches will be awarded a Championship match at WrestleMania 36.

The official theme for Royal Rumble this year is "Rumble" by Zayde Wolf.

Confirmed Matches:

Shorty G vs Sheamus.

Andrade (C) vs Humberto Carrillo for the WWE United States Championship.

Bayley (C) vs Lacey Evans for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship.

Roman Reigns vs King Corbin in a Falls Count Anywhere match.

Becky Lynch (C) vs Asuka for the WWE Raw Women's Championship.

"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan in a Strap Match for the WWE Championship.

Women's Royal Rumble match.

Men's Royal Rumble match.

Confirmed Women's Royal Rumble Entrants (9/30)

Charlotte Flair

Alexa Bliss

Nikki Cross

Sarah Logan

Natalya

Carmella

Dana Brooke

Sonya Deville

Mandy Rose

Confirmed Men's Royal Rumble Entrants (27/30)

Roman Reigns

Brock Lesnar #1

AJ Styles

Erick Rowan

Randy Orton

Rey Mysterio

Ricochet

Drew McIntyre

Elias

King Corbin

Dolph Ziggler

Otis

Tucker

Rusev

Bobby Lashley

Aleister Black

Buddy Murphy

Braun Strowman

Shinsue Nakamura

Seth Rollins

Kevin Owens

Samoa Joe

Kofi Kingston

Big E

R-Truth

John Morrison

The Miz

20200117_RoyalRumble_ShortyGSheamus--b7bd229dc010d4d6f9f47c2608909b60.thumb.jpg.4c06b65ca8e2eec42070dfccdff00a92.jpg20200120_RoyalRumble_AndradeCarrillo--cf443413dae923f7d2be9ac9c8e7dfee.thumb.jpg.2a7d5bfa09c948e6d6682acefdf4fe36.jpg20200110_RoyalRumble_BayleyEvans--79cc728dbb4f242cfad00852398cc89b.thumb.jpg.6f63218abd1b327f9c252280310b1113.jpg20200110_RoyalRumble_RomanCorbin--17daa6fdbb699dbffe176507b8cb8f2f.thumb.jpg.f7ada344a043e540eb17ca39db4b4227.jpg20191230_RoyalRumble_BeckyAsuka--8ad8439c9b476a83bdb1edc1b78b57a8.thumb.jpg.55c69dca9a83a778ee02e027713397a0.jpg20191227_RoyalRumble_DB--9abc778bb2fa23a737a2a2e3d73cfbb0.thumb.jpg.adf3a90576561464ebdd26f0e7c0f996.jpg

Edited by JamieStevenson

Definitely too much on the card.  Royal Rumble usually pitches it quite well given they know they have two really long matches.  Could actually see none of these going on the pre-show too.  Doubt they'd put Seamus there when he's just back, and outside of Bayley/Evans I can't see any of the others doing it too.  Could just be two hours of shite impromptu matches, then a punishingly long show punctuated by two Rumble matches.

Well Andrade vs Humberto is looking likely. Main card doesn't necessarily need to go the full 5 hours and in fact they typically don't.... But 2 Rumble matches will always make it feel a long show. 

Have to assume that Shorty G vs Sheamus will end up on the pre-show.

I’d love this for the opening for the Men’s Rumble - Lesnar comes in at number one - number two is Aleister Black - Aleister decides to sit on the entrance ramp cross legged - Lesnar gets mad and climbs over the top rope and jumps on to the floor to run at him - the refs then say to Brock you’ve just eliminated yourself bye bye

I’d love this for the opening for the Men’s Rumble - Lesnar comes in at number one - number two is Aleister Black - Aleister decides to sit on the entrance ramp cross legged - Lesnar gets mad and climbs over the top rope and jumps on to the floor to run at him - the refs then say to Brock you’ve just eliminated yourself bye bye

That would be horrendous

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

That would be horrendous

It would convey the idea that Brock is not the sharpest tool in the box and imagine Paul Heyman's face - i don't think it would be horrendous at all - Brock does not need to win the Rumble and it would be a fantastic talking point to take into the next edition of Raw

My choice for the Rumble is Drew McIntyre with him throwing Orton over the top 

Vince Russo ain't got nothing on jacobsladder.

"A fantastic talking point" indeed. 

I mind I used to buzz for a Royal Rumble but look at the state of that card. Fair play to the soldiers still watching this utter muck.

Apart from NXT and NXT UK I've pretty much fell away from watching the other weekly stuff and most of the B-list PPVs. Still get a buzz for the Rumble after all these years, though, so looking foward to tonight.

If Duggan or HBK turn up during the men's rumble then they'll be the first competitor to compete in the match over 5 decades. We all know Vince loves a shite stat so he'll be all over that.