Jump to content
Snafu

The Real Top 50 Worst Posters Thread - The Aftermath

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The write ups were mostly shite and the lad had no sense of timing.

Interrupting #bullygate to post some beige write up about someone he had never heard of.

This. He briefly got the thread just about on track somewhere between 40-30, but the rest was lazy and shite. The best post on that entire thread was Oleksander's floor-wiping jibe at MT. Glorious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sjc said:

Regardless of what you've tanned, Kincy, even you know you were topping that list.

Don't get me wrong, how it panned out was far better than the piss poor write up you'd have received. I just wish it was preserved for posterity.

No one is more gutted than me, mate.  On a forum whose tone is set by empty-headed Yessers and Celtic-loving half-wits?  I didn't even get to use my favourite CS Lewis quote:  

“When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.”

Still, maybe next year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

This. He briefly got the thread just about on track somewhere between 40-30, but the rest was lazy and shite. The best post on that entire thread was Oleksander's floor-wiping jibe at MT. Glorious. 

As good a putdown as it was, that sums up how shite the write ups were. Humourless and witless by a humourless, witless brain donor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

No one is more gutted than me, mate.  On a forum whose tone is set by empty-headed Yessers and Celtic-loving half-wits?  I didn't even get to use my favourite CS Lewis quote:  

“When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.”

Still, maybe next year...

I know it was important to you, mate. You hang in there. #goingfor2020

CS Lewis is far too high brow for here though. I'd go with General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett, VC, KCB, DSO:

general-melchett-blackadder-quotes.jpg.1efda3c8d9aeb914b650d4b80d7cd939.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pressure of hosting a thread like this can get to any man, shame to see how this ended and hopefully we get Tarmo back soon. 

Maybe a lesson here lads, leave it to the veterans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

The pressure of hosting a thread like this can get to any man, shame to see how this ended and hopefully we get Tarmo back soon. 

Maybe a lesson here lads, leave it to the veterans

Only two men have stuck to their word and delivered quality in Top 50s. Unfortunately one of them was voted the 6th worst poster in the history of the website so you can all whistle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I know that you're quite a decent bloke but you've tanned the arse out of my quip.
Given your previous form it was difficult to tell if you were being serious or flippant.


I was also not surprised to see Bennett circle the wagons right after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why was he banned?
Previously banned poster in "banned again" non shocker!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Why was he banned?

He deleted his own account as he had received threats over PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He deleted his own account as he had received threats over PM.
You can't "delete your own account". The only way to never post again on an ipb based forum like this is as just a member to resubmit your password in a random scrambled format and never log in again because you can't.

He'll be back anyway. Banned posters always come back...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He deleted his own account as he had received threats over PM.

I'm not buying that, and if he was threatened, we've gone full circle from the days of him dishing out the threats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sjc said:

I'm not buying that, and if he was threatened, we've gone full circle from the days of him dishing out the threats.

Thinly veiled victim blaming. Nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was an absolute heads gone merchant, who hilariously had multiple heads gones directed at me after I quoted him in the heads gone thread. Nutter.

Had no idea he was BarraJag. So was he pretending to be an ICT fan for months then with this new account? Another Dave Coaches type scenario?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sjc said:

As good a putdown as it was, that sums up how shite the write ups were. Humourless and witless by a humourless, witless brain donor.

It's just possible I'm biased, but I didn't think it was all that brilliant.

"Postie post" is a mildly amusing construction I suppose, but the sweetie wife tone had already been consciously adopted with "just dropping in" to explain why I was perhaps being whooshed by his Joy Division comment - I suspect I was actually.

Lots of posters struggle with tone though, so maybe no surprise it was such a hit.

Do carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Thinly veiled victim blaming. Nice.

I'm calling him a liar. I'd sympathise with a victim of bullying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does one go about tracking down a poster to carry out said threats? Do they enlist the help of Hedgecutter to find their co-ordinates on an Ordnance Survey map?

Not asking for a friend, or indeed myself for that matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

He was an absolute heads gone merchant, who hilariously had multiple heads gones directed at me after I quoted him in the heads gone thread. Nutter.

Had no idea he was BarraJag. So was he pretending to be an ICT fan for months then with this new account? Another Dave Coaches type scenario?

He was an ICT fan as BarraJag as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...