John Millar

andy25

Johnny will be one of a very small band of managers who has shown the commitment, over that length of time, to one club and also brought significant success. He will definitely be remembered as Beith’s most successful ever manager.
He will no doubt have his own reasons for standing down and that should be respected. Thinking about it personally it must be really hard to maintain enthusiasm and commitment over that time to what is a second job and also dictate time to your family.
It is also worth remembering that he was a top player so he has given much to the game over his career.

Undoubtedly did a good job. Serious question; was he getting jip off the fans?

The fans were always behind him ,yeah some questioned some decisions but that happens at all clubs, in his 2 spells he has a win percentage of 60% not many managers have that type of percentage at one junior club.
2 league titles
1 Scottish cup
2 west of Scotland cups
1 ayrshire cup
1 evening times cup
Plus a couple of final defeats
Very hard act to follow good luck sir Johnny

Said on Saturday night Miller would be considering his position. For a guy that has won Scottish , league titles and numerous cups losing to Rossvale would be difficult to take.  There's a bit of work to be done for Beith to get back to where they were and don't believe Miller had the desire at his age to rebuild. If he can't maintain his success think he would rather go. Be surprised if Miller manages again.

15 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Said on Saturday night Miller would be considering his position. For a guy that has won Scottish , league titles and numerous cups losing to Rossvale would be difficult to take.  There's a bit of work to be done for Beith to get back to where they were and don't believe Miller had the desire at his age to rebuild. If he can't maintain his success think he would rather go. Be surprised if Miller manages again.

I would doubt losing to Rossvale was the over riding reason the Johnny decided to pack it in. It is not like he lost to a team at the bottom of the 2nd division. 

1 hour ago, clash city rocker said:

Difficult to take ? Love your respect their pal.... see you in the league games 

15 minutes ago, Valemafia said:

Difficult to take ? Love your respect their pal.... see you in the league games 

Nothing but respect for Rossvale they have done superb , Gormley could well be manager of the season.

Miller has just seen his team lose to a club on a fraction of Beith wage bill , Beith are building new dressing rooms , funding floodlights perhaps Miller didn't see himself being there long term and short term would require a quick rebuild for Beith to continue being successful. If you are a Scottish winning manager , league winning manager last thing you want is your legacy tarnished. No disrespect whatsoever to Rossvale but if Miller feels he can't inspire his players to beat a promoted relatively new low funded club like Rossvale then...yes I believe losing to Rossvale was difficult to take for Miller.

18 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Nothing but respect for Rossvale they have done superb , Gormley could well be manager of the season.

Miller has just seen his team lose to a club on a fraction of Beith wage bill , Beith are building new dressing rooms , funding floodlights perhaps Miller didn't see himself being there long term and short term would require a quick rebuild for Beith to continue being successful. If you are a Scottish winning manager , league winning manager last thing you want is your legacy tarnished. No disrespect whatsoever to Rossvale but if Miller feels he can't inspire his players to beat a promoted relatively new low funded club like Rossvale then...yes I believe losing to Rossvale was difficult to take for Miller.

Had Rossvale beaten nobody this season I would agree, but given that they have gone to Glenafton, Hurlford, Benburb & Clydebank and won away, and beaten Meadow, Ladeside, Troon, Largs & Glencairn at home this season, it can't be that much of a shock that would be a "final straw" after such an illustrious career that Johnny obviously had. 

Paying bigger wages, doesn't guarantee better players...... 

33 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Had Rossvale beaten nobody this season I would agree, but given that they have gone to Glenafton, Hurlford, Benburb & Clydebank and won away, and beaten Meadow, Ladeside, Troon, Largs & Glencairn at home this season, it can't be that much of a shock that would be a "final straw" after such an illustrious career that Johnny obviously had. 

I have seen Beith a few times this year, the way they play and was at a few Rossvale games at the start of the season and would say Beith would beat Rossvale but going to watch the game on Saturday, I believed Rossvale would win as they have changed and style of play has changed and Beith haven't changed that much since the start of the season. there was a bit in the first half and near the end of the second half where Beith were a threat but it was an overall deserved victory for Rossvale.
I cant comment on Johnny Millar leaving and reasons of and definitely do not think it was the fault of losing to Rossvale but I'm not involved in Beith workings and what's going on behinds the scenes but I know its a close nit community and the youth football is coming closer to the juniors so that will be a brilliant help.

I'm sure Beith will flourish, have bad seasons and brilliant seasons as well as Ok season, just the nature of the beast.
I wish John and Beith all the very best in their futures

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

18 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Yip like a said Rossvale have been excellent especially since Gormz came in. Winning ' away' to Benburb is like winning at home though lol. Aye paying better wages doesn't always guarantee better players but. Saltcoats are not doing as well as Rossvale. 

Will never know with Miller but as soon as a heard the score a predicted Miller would resign. Don't think he would have left at the moment had it been Pollok or Talbot but that's just an opinion. He's a proud man Miller.

4 minutes ago, pheasant plucker said:

Wages definitely don’t guarantee success and I don’t think the Beith wage bill will be in the top half of premiership clubs. I heard they lost out to Longworth in close season as he was offered significantly more at the Vale

Anybody that could afford Milliken deal are not bottom half wage structure.

Longworth was never going to sign for Beith.

From Beith Facebook

NEW MANAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT [emoji1327]‍♂️[emoji7][emoji835][emoji836][emoji469]

Beith Juniors are delighted to welcome our new Management Team of Bryan Young, assisted by Derek McCulloch and Chris Friel.

Butch was one of the most decorated players in Junior Football, Del needs no introduction to The Mighty fans and Chris worked with Butch coaching Pollok Youths. They will be in charge as of Monday coming.

We are sure that all Beith fans will get right behind what is a bold and exciting appointment, but firstly, and most importantly, support Stevie, Deco, Tam and the players in our Scottish Cup tie tomorrow.

[emoji835][emoji836][emoji469][emoji836][emoji835]