Queens v Alloa

I'm not sure I see much wrong with the winner. It's tight but I think he's just onside. In the absence of VAR and mm perfect decisions, he's certainly close enough to get the benefit of the doubt as they say. O'Hara is well beyond our defenders but I think he's probably level with Stirling when he crosses it.

That's my view too. It certainly isn't clearly offside.

Overall a good, fair summing up, much as Father Barry's...... is from an Alloa point of view.

O'Hara is sharp as a tack just now. Good to see Thomson getting his first league goal. I feel he's got a lot more to give than he has shown so far and the goal, together with playing an important part in back to back wins should help his confidence.

Funny game football. We've gone from the team picking itself, due to injuries to first team players, to having options on the bench - able to leave Trouten and Connelly unused yesterday despite making two outfield substitutions.

There's no way you can say whether O'Hara is nearer the goal line than the ball from that photo. Even if that is the moment Stirling plays the pass.

It's always difficult when you aren't in line but I'd say O'Hara is off. 
Screenshot_20200126-121757.thumb.png.c5f69fa51010bde9cd07cc706e11368e.png

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's always difficult when you aren't in line but I'd say O'Hara is off. 

Screenshot_20200126-121757.png

You think? It is very tight, but I think that photo just agrees with what I said. If you extend the line of the 6 Yard box out across the pitch towards the linesman I think that ball is closer to it than O'Hara is. I have no idea how to do that sort of thing with screen graphics but a ruler on my monitor screen certainly implies it is.

You think? It is very tight, but I think that photo just agrees with what I said. If you extend the line of the 6 Yard box out across the pitch towards the linesman I think that ball is closer to it than O'Hara is. I have no idea how to do that sort of thing with screen graphics but a ruler on my monitor screen certainly implies it is.

Straight line conclusive evidence he's miles offside IMO...Photo_1580059441398.jpeg.34908a1ba1ffd4b0ea2e8bf81dff8f03.jpeg

Our defending was so unbelievably shite, he would have scored anyway even if he had made sure he was well onside. The defending got what it deserved.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Where do you start?

We started brightly enough and I thought were well on top up to Alloa's opener which was against the run of play. And it's a complete disaster of a goal. Osman should just deal with it and not let it bounce and get caught wrong side. Devine has no need to be up there at all. Leave it to Osman but he is unfortunate with the inadvertent pass on to Thomson. And Brownlie? I don't know what he's even trying to do. Presumably he thinks O'Hara is running in behind him and he has to play it and, with nobody else near, doesn't have to make it a no nonsense clearance to touch. I'm not convinced O'Hara reaches it if he just leaves it to be honest but O'Hara's run is clever and Brownlie's lost him so ends up just teeing him up.

Second goal is a nice goal but it probably doesn't happen if Mercer isn't struggling to run. Devine completely loses Thomson. He's not even aware he is there until it's too late. I guess he thinks Holt has him but Holt was never back far enough to pick him up. I think that ones down to two players who met on Thursday not being sure of each other yet.

On our first I hadn't realised at the time what a backside Robertson made of the header. Dobbie's ball in is good and credit to Hamilton who failed to force it over the line not once, but twice, but still had the awareness to twist and knock it into the roof of the net.

Our second is just vintage Dobbie. We haven't seen nearly enough of that this season. Good awareness from Holt to lay it back instead of shooting though.

I'm not sure I see much wrong with the winner. It's tight but I think he's just onside. In the absence of VAR and mm perfect decisions, he's certainly close enough to get the benefit of the doubt as they say. O'Hara is well beyond our defenders but I think he's probably level with Stirling when he crosses it.  Dobbie should have taken one for the team and pulled Stirling down outside the box. He'd have been booked but it would have been worth it. Not his style though. Brownlie inexplicably steps up with his hand in the air when he's not even our deepest defender and Lyon, not a natural full back, doesn't tuck in early enough and sees O'Hara run off the back of Brownlie far too late to get to him. It's a horror show all round for us. I'd go so far to say it's a worse goal of errors than the 1st. I'll exempt Devine who has Buchanan fairly tightly marked and I guess Holt probably does need to come out with Cawley when he goes to take the short pass outside the box. I don't think there's anything Ross Stewart can do on any of their goals really.

The late Wilson save from Dobbie is a bit of a "tv save". I think it looks more spectacular than it needs to be. It's a decent save from Hamilton when he's clean through and it's not as poor an effort as I though it was at the time to be fair. The header just before isn't as good a chance as it looked from the other side either but he should probably have done more with it.

We were poor. If you defend like that you'll lose at this level. At 2-2 I thought we'd go on and win it but I can't ultimately complain about the result. Well done again Alloa.

Where do you start ?.

Can you explain to me why the hell Semple did not start today amazing decision to go with a 18 year boy who looked lost .

Brownlie surely AJ should have spoke to him before the game it was obvious his head was at Thistle why play him ?

Why play Oliver he offers nothing  Hamilton is not much better but at least he can win the odd header  

Osman I can see now why he could not get a deal anywhere else he is so slow can't pass a ball forward .

The new goalkeeper just goes through the motions of being a keeper .

We will go down playing like we did on Saturday our only hope is if we can get players in this week but I don't think AJ has a clue what we need to sign Livi reserve keeper and a 18 year old boy signing like that will take us down and that is not me being negative .

7 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I didn't particularly think Alloa were on top in the early part of the game at all, but it's hard to argue with two goals.

I think we needed to score a 3rd very soon after Dobbie's goal.  When the game settled down again, we looked as likely to lose it as to win it.  

Agree totally. Once our goal scoring momentum dissipated, I thought Alloa’s attitude and tactics were first class in not sitting in but looking to counter. Their substitutions also helped their cause. Immensely disappointing for us to get back level after such a shit first half but I wasn’t surprised when Alloa scored at the end. Alloa found it pretty easy to get behind our defence and unlike our crosses Iinto the box, theirs produced results.

Nearly, but not quite. And if we are talking fine margins then the distinction must be made.

Especially for us pedants. [emoji6]

Well given that the key moment is the one where the player and ball just part company, we're effectively talking about the same thing.

Where do you start?
We started brightly enough and I thought were well on top up to Alloa's opener which was against the run of play. And it's a complete disaster of a goal. Osman should just deal with it and not let it bounce and get caught wrong side. Devine has no need to be up there at all. Leave it to Osman but he is unfortunate with the inadvertent pass on to Thomson. And Brownlie? I don't know what he's even trying to do. Presumably he thinks O'Hara is running in behind him and he has to play it and, with nobody else near, doesn't have to make it a no nonsense clearance to touch. I'm not convinced O'Hara reaches it if he just leaves it to be honest but O'Hara's run is clever and Brownlie's lost him so ends up just teeing him up.
Second goal is a nice goal but it probably doesn't happen if Mercer isn't struggling to run. Devine completely loses Thomson. He's not even aware he is there until it's too late. I guess he thinks Holt has him but Holt was never back far enough to pick him up. I think that ones down to two players who met on Thursday not being sure of each other yet.
On our first I hadn't realised at the time what a backside Robertson made of the header. Dobbie's ball in is good and credit to Hamilton who failed to force it over the line not once, but twice, but still had the awareness to twist and knock it into the roof of the net.
Our second is just vintage Dobbie. We haven't seen nearly enough of that this season. Good awareness from Holt to lay it back instead of shooting though.
I'm not sure I see much wrong with the winner. It's tight but I think he's just onside. In the absence of VAR and mm perfect decisions, he's certainly close enough to get the benefit of the doubt as they say. O'Hara is well beyond our defenders but I think he's probably level with Stirling when he crosses it.  Dobbie should have taken one for the team and pulled Stirling down outside the box. He'd have been booked but it would have been worth it. Not his style though. Brownlie inexplicably steps up with his hand in the air when he's not even our deepest defender and Lyon, not a natural full back, doesn't tuck in early enough and sees O'Hara run off the back of Brownlie far too late to get to him. It's a horror show all round for us. I'd go so far to say it's a worse goal of errors than the 1st. I'll exempt Devine who has Buchanan fairly tightly marked and I guess Holt probably does need to come out with Cawley when he goes to take the short pass outside the box. I don't think there's anything Ross Stewart can do on any of their goals really.
The late Wilson save from Dobbie is a bit of a "tv save". I think it looks more spectacular than it needs to be. It's a decent save from Hamilton when he's clean through and it's not as poor an effort as I though it was at the time to be fair. The header just before isn't as good a chance as it looked from the other side either but he should probably have done more with it.
We were poor. If you defend like that you'll lose at this level. At 2-2 I thought we'd go on and win it but I can't ultimately complain about the result. Well done again Alloa.
What's your point !!!

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Where do you start ?.

Can you explain to me why the hell Semple did not start today amazing decision to go with a 18 year boy who looked lost .

Brownlie surely AJ should have spoke to him before the game it was obvious his head was at Thistle why play him ?

Why play Oliver he offers nothing  Hamilton is not much better but at least he can win the odd header  

Osman I can see now why he could not get a deal anywhere else he is so slow can't pass a ball forward .

The new goalkeeper just goes through the motions of being a keeper .

We will go down playing like we did on Saturday our only hope is if we can get players in this week but I don't think AJ has a clue what we need to sign Livi reserve keeper and a 18 year old boy signing like that will take us down and that is not me being negative .

I'm failing to see on what any criticism of the new keeper is based.  Overall he didn't have any saves to make to judge him on, as for the goals conceded,  I doubt he could do much or take blame for any of them. The players directly in front of the keeper bear all the responsibility. Considering we conceded 3 goals I think Craig Burns could have played and dealt with what yesterday's keeper had to do.